Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to do to spaypaint the tub with bedliner? Like removing seats, covering stuff, etc. An how to remove the seats

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
removing the seats should be relatively easy. I would recommend that you buy the roll and brush on kind tho. The spray takes practice to get an even coat with :thumb: Basically just sand the tub down b4 u apply the bedliner. I ddnt do it yet but im looking to, pretty sure someone with more knowledge will get in here soon.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Herculiner I am doing, but I herd monsterliner is a great alternative!
There is a vendor on the forum for this stuff and I read about 100pages of reviews and such on the subject and Monsterliner seems to come out on top.
I am just a cheap basterd lol :thumb:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you needto sand out all the paint? Or just scuff it?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
You just need to scuff it. I too am a cheap bastard and got the duplicolor kit and am very happy with the results so far. My kit came with a red scuff pad. I had to attack a few areas with a wire wheel because there was some remnants of the carpet bonded to the floor. Just make sure you wipe everything down with a tack rag before coating.

I removed the front seats and the roll cage. I left in the brackets for the rear seats and just coated them too.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
i took everything out that i bolted down. seats, belts, back seat brackets. roll bar. tailgate brackets. tailgate catch, footman loops, etc. BUT i had mine sprayed in and knew it would be pretty thick and i'm guessing a little bit more stout. i didnt want to have to take something off at some point and not be able to get it off.

you cannot prep too much. at the minimum, scuff the paint. then if you have an air hose, blow it all out to get the dust out. i parked mine on a hill and hosed it down, let it dry in the sun, then wiped it down with some acetone or MEK, cant remember which. that was there was absolutely no residue left to kept it from adhering

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I stripped a bolt very badly, or rather my dad did. I already tried a removal tool and it failed. I cant start painting until I remove it. Any suggestions. There are also hoses underneath it.

image-2590849426.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts