Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased and received my new Bedrug today. Won't get to install until this weekend. Despite the high cost, I got it due to overwhelming positive reviews. Very surprised when I opened the package for a sneak peak.

Seems REALLY thin with a very thin foam(?) backing. Doesn't look like it can hold up to much, though people swear by it's durability.

Also doesn't really have any cushion or insulation. So many people rave about the product saving your knees and cutting down on road noise. My stock carpet (which has seen better days) has a SUPER thick kind of carpet padding on the back. Now that is what will save your knees and insulate against noise. The stock padding is multiple times thicker than the entire Bedrug product.

It also comes with "heat shields" for the transmission heat. Not sure if they will do anything, it's basically mirrored contact peel and stick paper. Nothing much to it.

Hope it performs better than it looks. I have to trust all the knowledgeable people who have and love it. At first look though, I am not yet impressed and fearing regret.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have had it for about 3 months. I am very happy with it. I don't see any wear and it seems to be very durable. Cleans easy. Doesn't collect lint, etc. like the factory carpet. The material seems like it will hold up very well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't realize there was cutting. Did you cut the slits in the cargo floor area for the tie downs?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Never had one in a Jeep. Have had it in the bed of my Silverado for 4 years, it's in great shape.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been looking at these as well. People said they have cut them for the tie down areas. It would most likely fit a lot better and look cleaner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts