Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm welding on a new bracket and have cut off the old one. It was mangled and i.I don't know what angle of lean the bracket should be at. Plenty of straight on views online, nothing for a side view though. Any idea? Is it at the same angle as the diff case?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I found some pics online that may help by searching "front track bar bracket TJ" and selecting "images".

If nobody else posts up I'll be pulling my front end apart tomorrow to do ball joints and ujoints, I'll get you a couple pics and post up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found some pics online that may help by searching "front track bar bracket TJ" and selecting "images".

If nobody else posts up I'll be pulling my front end apart tomorrow to do ball joints and ujoints, I'll get you a couple pics and post up.
I've searched endlessly online, but just couldn't find a decent pic that shows the forward lean of the bracket, if any.

And thank you!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,003 Posts
I would simply position its angle so the bushing in the passenger-side of the track bar fit into it without binding. That would be the way I would use to set the correct angle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would simply position its angle so the bushing in the passenger-side of the track bar fit into it without binding. That would be the way I would use to set the correct angle.
I definitely considered that, but it's on a lift with all the steering components removed. Was hoping to avoid putting it half back together and lowering it back down.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I'm under it, so if you want a couple reference measurements or a different angle pic let me know, I'll check in here in a bit and see if I can accommodate. ;)

image-3089452350.jpg

image-1889298805.jpg

image-61671861.jpg

image-3130857951.jpg

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Also, note the steering damper bracket that is in line with it's other end at an angle to the main part of the mount, yet they are attached together.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes! This does help tremendously! Namely the 1st and last pics. Thanks a ton. I'll be going back at it after work tonight, but maybe with a little more confidence now, lol

Here's what I'm welding on btw

99174-lg.jpg

These suckers are already on and are a lot easier to line up

tj3011-2.jpg

·
Knows a couple things...
49,003 Posts
I definitely considered that, but it's on a lift with all the steering components removed. Was hoping to avoid putting it half back together and lowering it back down.
No need to put it all back together, just support the front axle on stands so the springs are at their normal ride height. That way you'll be assured of getting the bracket properly positioned without any binding on the track bar.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
^that makes sense. Like putting the second bracket for control arms etc, in place by swinging the CA into position and aligning that way, then tacking it in where it needs to land.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts