Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have a 97 TJ sport. We we're going to do a 2 inch spacer lift, and later a 1.25 inch body lift. That was until I was breaking down the suspension to install and found that the driverside rear coil was broken. So now we are debating what to do. We wanted to end up with about 3 to 3.5 inches of lift and 33" tires when all said and done. We have to build on a budget so what parts and in what order would I go about buying them to obtain our desired height adjustment? Thanks in advance. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
id go 2" coil springs and an inch body. since you need a new spring anyway. and the added spring length will give you better flex.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
If you want to replace that rear spring with a stock, buy in pairs. I would send the BB back and just get 2" springs. BDS and OME come to mind for them.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
A little more money but as mentioned above you are already going to be replacing parts...get an OME kit, slap on a JKS BL and MML and wheel the weeee out of it on 33"s it worked for me!!!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Add a motor lift with the body lift.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info guys. I didn't even realize I was going to need a MML, so this has been a great big help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts