Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you as anal as me and took measurements before and after install?

After putting about 50 miles on the lift I took the after measurements from the same spot in my driveway. The front lifted 2.67" on each side and the rear only went up 1.89" on one corner and 1.57" on the other side. What's up with that?

What kind of lift did you experience? Also did you mount the stock track bar in the upper or lower hole in the TF bracket?

Cheers! :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coil height is relative. What coils Numbers did you have stock ?

Curious, how does height compare to these charts?
I'm out of town but I'll definitely revisit this when I get back later this week. I'm already considering adding spacers b/c 35s go on Thursday and I don't feel like there's enough lift.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll have to go thru my notes but if I remember correctly I only got about 2 3/4 lift which was a little disheartening considering it still has the stock bumpers. I am pleased with the way it rides on and off-road and with the 315-70-17 Goodyear Duratracs I have yet to rub the stock fenders at full flex.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to go thru my notes but if I remember correctly I only got about 2 3/4 lift which was a little disheartening considering it still has the stock bumpers. I am pleased with the way it rides on and off-road and with the 315-70-17 Goodyear Duratracs I have yet to rub the stock fenders at full flex.
You got 2.75" in the rear too?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Before lift front 9" and rear was 5 1/4".. Now after being on for about a month front 11 1/2 and rear is 7". I used the charts in the previous thread for all measuring references regarding the lift. So basically I got the 2.5 lift as advertised as long as I don't add any aftermarket equipment.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Using the tf 2.5" 4 door springs I netted 3" up front and 2" on the rear. I have a heavy 2 door. The lift was installed on my first 2 door in 2010 so the springs have more than settled

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tf states 3" front and 2" rear.
You have to measure actual height. People measure lift gained and that's relative.
In theory, shouldn't the lift gained equal the height difference from the graphic you posted earlier? I'm having a hard time comprehending that.

:pullinghair:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts