Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im about to order this...i really want that tank look but i dont know if this is tacy or not. Some opinions? Its the rugged ridge body armor i believe its plastic and i dont want to be frowned upon by other jeepers for having plastic armor.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,126 Posts
Most would consider plastic armor to be non-serious protection that will only protect your paint from minor scratches. While it will certainly protect your Jeep from that minor scratch type of damage from bushes etc., it wouldn't protect your TJ should you actually run into something more substantial than a bush. Tacky & get no respect? Yeah I guess that would be a typical assessment from most offroaders. :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
go with whatever makes you happy and don't worry about what others think..but if you think it is wimpy then you answered your own question..I'm a welder so I build my stuff with steel

·
Registered
298 Posts
Personally I respect the owner, not the jeep. I've seen bad ass looking rigs being driven by people who I think shouldn't be driving, much less a jeep. At the same time, I've seen a step above rust bucket type jeep handle everything thrown at it. You make your jeep more than any mod you put on it. Simple as that. If you want something, do it.

I got flak for my batman theme, and screen name at first. (On diff forum) now people seem to really get a kick out of it, and has become the joke with my wheeling friends. You wanna a tank. Drive the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts