Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going though an old hard drive of mine n I came across this pic. I bought this pathfinder about 6yrs ago when I was on my back n woulda took a tank if it'd a got me to n from work. Think I paid maybe $1200 bux for it. I got rid of it for 25 when I left for Afghanistan in 2010. Oddly enuff..., I miss that ol blue ox. I knew nothing about wheeling or jeeps back then. Thinking back that Ox was way better than what I spoke or thought of her. I remember selling her to a kid in school who couldnt find a decent Jeep for around 3k.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Nice. The only vehicle I have feelings for besides my Jeep was my '72 VW bug that I had back in college. I sold her before I went into the Corps and have tried to find her recently with no luck. If it were in the same condition as when I sold her I'd consider buying her back.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Senior year of highschool. A short lived car that I loved..my 1980 Z28. My first and only car without fuel injection..I miss it!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Coupé

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Senior year of highschool. A short lived car that I loved..my 1980 Z28. My first and only car without fuel injection..I miss it!

View attachment 168769
Nice. The only vehicle I have feelings for besides my Jeep was my '72 VW bug that I had back in college. I sold her before I went into the Corps and have tried to find her recently with no luck. If it were in the same condition as when I sold her I'd consider buying her back.
THAT Z28 IS BAD ASS!! AS IS THAT V-DUB AS WELL... Beetles hold a special place in my heart. Ive owned 2, a 79 and a 74 which was about 95% restored. The 74 burned to the shell due to a fuel line + hot engine. Lost a family member (my bug that is) that day. :nonono:

It twas this day the question was answered as to why everyone was rolling around with those stupid extinguishers in there rides...

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I was out of Jeeps for quite a few years before my TJ..... but I was into Full-Size Jeeps. I still have a love for them, but I won't go back to them.... TJ's are much more fun....

River Beast- 78 Wagoneer, stretched 4.5" and W/T conversion with all steel flares, 14B/D60/Detroits/4.56's on 36's.... 500 BB Caddy with TH400/NP205.... LOVED IT! Got it for free in 1997...7 years in the build and sold in 2005...

·
Registered
941 Posts
The only one I had worth mentioning is a 1973 Mercedes 280 manual. White with black leather. I actually still own it but am in the process of lwtting it go. My memorable rides have all been motorcycles which I sold after the birth of my 1st son. Over the course of 5 years I had 3 Aprilias, 1 Yamaha and 1 Suzuki. The TJ however has been my favourite vehicle by quite some margin.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
owned 5 vehicles only one wasn't a jeep. it was the biggest mistake I ever made. 86 Cherokee was first, traded it for a 74 dodge pickup, it died, bought a 75 dj-5, it had some issues got my 89 yj till it died, now ive got my TJ.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I was out of Jeeps for quite a few years before my TJ..... but I was into Full-Size Jeeps. I still have a love for them, but I won't go back to them.... TJ's are much more fun....

River Beast- 78 Wagoneer, stretched 4.5" and W/T conversion with all steel flares, 14B/D60/Detroits/4.56's on 36's.... 500 BB Caddy with TH400/NP205.... LOVED IT! Got it for free in 1997...7 years in the build and sold in 2005...

Nice SJ!

·
Registered
78 Posts

Had a Saab 9k S before the TJ. One of the best quality cars I've ever seen even if it wasn't terribly fast.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Before my jeep I had a '90 Pontiac Grand Prix, LE Coupe.

Then I traded it in for an '09 Honda Civic.. such a nice car.

But this is what made me get a jeep(and other reasons):

·
Registered
941 Posts

My wife had the same Civic before her Patriot. A good, dependable car.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine was a '69 Bronco pick-up, I bought in '75. Had the 302 with a 500 Holley 2 barrel. If I new then what I know now I'd still have it, paid $1900 for it!

·
Registered
640 Posts

what hit the honda? ive seen some bad wrecks cause of a jeep..good call on part of going steel bumpbers ha

·
Registered
296 Posts
mickeygriffin said:
THAT Z28 IS BAD ASS!!
powellst said:
Man, that's a nice Z28 ! I always wanted one, and would give my left nut to have one .
Thanks!! It was fun..loud as hell..but a dog. Car was heavy as a tank, I was amazed the hinges held every time I opened the doors!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts