Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first wrangler. It's a 2000 tj. I'm thinking of lifting it but no more then 2.5 inches. I drive it in the city mostly and not really looking to go of roading but would def like to have a more aggressive look to the jeep. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it seeing I spend a couple thousand already on body rust It had and painting it but at the same time I don't want to buy something that would mess up my transmission or anything else. Also would my current tires (30x9.50 15r)be ok on it or would I have to buy bigger ones. If so what's a good size tire for a 2.5 lift. I'm sure that's a personal thing but I'm not too sure where to even start looking. Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
For about $100, many decide that 2" spring spacers (Budget Boost) suits their needs. If your springs have seen better days...like sagging, then you should replace the springs. BDS and OME makes good 2-2.5" springs.

Your 30" tire would be fine until you decide to go to 31's. Some go with 32's, but 31" is the best option. The taller the tire, the more it changes your gearing...especially if you happen to have 3.07 gears.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I just purchased my first wrangler. It's a 2000 tj. I'm thinking of lifting it but no more then 2.5 inches. I drive it in the city mostly and not really looking to go of roading but would def like to have a more aggressive look to the jeep. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it seeing I spend a couple thousand already on body rust It had and painting it but at the same time I don't want to buy something that would mess up my transmission or anything else. Also would my current tires (30x9.50 15r)be ok on it or would I have to buy bigger ones. If so what's a good size tire for a 2.5 lift. I'm sure that's a personal thing but I'm not too sure where to even start looking. Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you.
You could squeeze 32", but I wouldn't. Personally, for 2.5" I would go with a 31".

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ran 32's with a 2" BDS coil lift for quite a while. I had a little bit of rubbing on aggressive terrain, while disconnected. But otherwise, no problems. I thought it looked nice, until I installed pocket fender flares-which somehow created an optical illusion that I lost height...

When I decided I wanted a little more height, I added a 1.25" body lift. It was like $100. Haven't tested yet, but it shouldn't rub as much and it looks nicer.

When my 32's need to be replaced, I want want to go to 33's. In which case I'll install a motor mount lift (about $100) and 1 inch coil spacers ($50) on top of my existing 2" lift to bring my total lift to 4.25". I may need to drop the tcase a little, but I'm hoping I can get away with a MML and no additional modifications.

You can easily install a 2" or 2.5" lift, run 32s, and increase your lift later without spending a lot of money or wasting the parts you already purchased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts