Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not looking to do a TT, but I am looking for something that just bolts on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Undercover Fabworks makes a skid plate which sits 1.5 inces lower then stock. If you don't have a lift it's a bolt on part, with a lift you would probably need a sye.

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
Barnes off-road makes several different ones

·
Registered
523 Posts
As was stated, UCF makes a great product that is highly configurable. You can also get it in aluminum, if you are worried about the weight. If you go with UCF, spend the extra $ and get both the transfer case and oil pan skid. Here is mine:

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Undercover Fabworks makes a skid plate which sits 1.5 inces lower then stock. If you don't have a lift it's a bolt on part, with a lift you would probably need a sye.
x2, UCF makes a great skid. To meet your requirements, I would consider their "no body lift" skid. Since every Jeep is different, you may or not get vibes. I installed this skid early on in my build and at the time I did not have my SYE yet. So to remove the vibes that I did get from the skid's height, I installed a spacer. Note, even with the spacer, I still gained more clearance compared to my stock factory skid.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I went with the UCF.
I went with the Extra Clearance skid and the LoPro transmission mount. NO body lift needed. This wasn't bolt on but it wasn't too hard to make fit either.

If I wanted the NO Body Lift setup and wanted a super simple and easy bolt on deal ... I would buy the Extra Clearance skid and then buy the skid spacers. This way if you change your mind later on wanting a body lift or decide you want to tuck the skid up farther you can just remove the skid spacers and not need to buy a whole new skid.

Don't be afraid to call or email UCF.... they answered my questions quickly when I was trying to configure my setup as I was getting mixed (and just plain wrong) answers and info from the forums.

Here is mine:

----

·
i am fluent in kryptonian
530 Posts
x2, UCF makes a great skid. To meet your requirements, I would consider their "no body lift" skid. Since every Jeep is different, you may or not get vibes. I installed this skid early on in my build and at the time I did not have my SYE yet. So to remove the vibes that I did get from the skid's height, I installed a spacer. Note, even with the spacer, I still gained more clearance compared to my stock factory skid.

sweet i have that skidrow plate. good to know that i cant mount mine to that ucf plate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts