Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dana 35 is bent and we all know what that means. On to bigger and better things! I've got my mind set on the 8.8 but while I'm swapping the axle, I figured I should go ahead and go SOA and I figured since I'm going SOA, I should stretch the rear with XJ springs. I really don't want to have to go back and do things twice so I'm thinking do it all at once. Do yall think I'm in over my head and need to take it a step at a time or what? I've been doing research on all of this for a few weeks now but any useful tips and/or support would be appreciated.

Oh and I found out last weekend that my front axle is a high pinion dana 30 out of a Cherokee so I guess that's a plus

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Honestly you are the best judge on your mechanical abilities. Doing SOA is a big jump with getting the pinion angles correct with the new perches. Plus the rear needs brace to prevent axle wrap. And onyop of all that you need to fix the steering for SOA, sometimes. Then to use cherokee springs you have to extend the frame and weld in new bushing mounts for the shackles. Now since your stretching in your axle being the 8.8 will end up coming in contact with the fuel tank. Do you have to do something about that. And thwn once spring perches are welded in and pinion angle is correct, rear is streched now you need to measure for longer driveshafts. And you should do a SYE to help with everything.

So like I said you have to be the judge on your abilities, procurement of special tools and fabrication skills. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can get it all done. I was planning on getting an xj front drive shaft shortened to use for my rear driveshaft. And I'm not real sure on which fuel cell to run. I've been looking at summit racing. Any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts