Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was doin a little easy wheelin with a couple of the guy,s here on the forum when it happened.

went threw a pretty good mud hole then climbed a good long and steep hill, at the top we got out to plan our route when i noticed my front passenger shacke was inverted after looking closer it was bent in the rear section of the leaf spring.

there is no way i did anything that would cause that to happen.., looked at pics that we took after going threw the mudhole it was all good then, and the climb up the hill was,nt flexy at all...

just wondering if any of you guy,s have had anything like that happen, the leaf springs are not even 2 years old yet,,,,got me puzzled...,,i have seen leafs break but never bend...

anyone??????

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Ive heard a couple others on WF say they bent RC springs, I think you can get a replacement for free tho

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
Call rough country they'll get ya new springs and shocks. If you play your cards right

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
was doin a little easy wheelin with a couple of the guy,s here on the forum when it happened.

went threw a pretty good mud hole then climbed a good long and steep hill, at the top we got out to plan our route when i noticed my front passenger shacke was inverted after looking closer it was bent in the rear section of the leaf spring.

there is no way i did anything that would cause that to happen.., looked at pics that we took after going threw the mudhole it was all good then, and the climb up the hill was,nt flexy at all...

just wondering if any of you guy,s have had anything like that happen, the leaf springs are not even 2 years old yet,,,,got me puzzled...,,i have seen leafs break but never bend...

anyone??????
Lol. Yeah your axle hit something most likely. I have done it twice. I just bent one back yesterday. After running out of ideas I stuck it across my bumper, hooked my winch to it where it was bent and bent it strait. Not a mark on my bumper either and its good as new
Lol

I need to buy a press. But yeah, when you hit something that pushes your axle back it will bend the leaf since nothing else will give.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i could see where that could happen OVER KILL,, but i did,nt hit anything with my axle or bottom out on anything..

i dont have any pics of the spring(could,nt find my camera) but there is pics on the kentucky thread of our ride though..

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yeah I am assuming you bent yours the same way I have bent mine though. Just post a link to the Kentucky thread.

If you look in the pic with the spring off you can see it in the bottom left hand corner how bad it was bent without weight on it. You can bend a spring like that even if it doesnt stop your Jeep. If you hit a stump or something that catches your axle just enough you will keep going, it will feel like a big bump, but it will bend your spring. The inverted shackle is usually a sign that happened.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
I bent a RC spring just flexing out my axles. One side was compressed and the other was stretched out, just enough to let the shackle flip upward. RC replaced the springs no cost and even paid shipping for two day air. All I had to do sad take pics is the springs and show proof of purchase.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts