Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have JKR and the front axle shock mount is bent up. I can get the bolt off the shocks and nothing seems to be kinked. just pushed straight up. I am going to be putting a 2.5" MC lift on it in the next few months and I am wondering if I can just run it the way it is or do I need to weld in a new mount? The shocks I am gonna use are the Falcon 2.1 series. I have been tossing around wha to do to beef up the front axle as I recently went to 35s and I think I have settle on getting the tera 44 axle housing for the front when I save up the money. I guess what I am getting at is will this be ok to run bent up for 4-10 months or should I just weld on a new mount and be safe. Don't wanna fubar a brand new sexy shock or worse. two pics are the bent up passenger side and the straight one is from the drivers side.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I would fix it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would usually error on the side fixing it. However I plan on replacing the whole axle and just wondering if this would damage anything to run this way? I wouldn't be wheeling it in this condition. Mostly paved roads and a few gravel road for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
I would usually error on the side fixing it. However I plan on replacing the whole axle and just wondering if this would damage anything to run this way? I wouldn't be wheeling it in this condition. Mostly paved roads and a few gravel road for hunting.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it would slightly throw off the geometry of the vehicle just a bit. Maybe not exacerbated to the degree that it's uncontrollable or hindered in situations, but probably something that you might want to just fix now vs have some assumed risks. It doesn't look like it's too far outta whack, barring no major issues it should be fixed pretty easily?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the rubicon express brackets today from quadratec for $20 delivered. Not bad. Now to get them welded on. Do I have much to worry about (mig) welding them without draining the fluid? Was just gonna jack up the one side of the axle and place wet towels on the axle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts