Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there something that I can get to just cover the seam after I take off the factory running boards? I like the rails, but haven't been able to find any that are in good condition for under $250, in NJ. I see people getting them for as little as $70 on the forum, but I am not able to find those deals. Anyway, I'm not doing any off-roading, jut want to cover the seam. Thanks

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I have an 08 Wrangler X and it had nothing whatsoever to cover the seam and looked fine from the factory. I have aftermarket rock sliders but they still don't cover the seam. Looks OK.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Why not just leave the factory steps on? You don't like them?

You could consider some aftermarket rails. The Ace rails are nice and can be used as a step too.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't like the lok of the factory ones and I have honestly never used them as a step.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Just look on vendor sites like Quadratec and 4wp and look at their rails. You should be able to find some that you like and aren't that expensive. Probably around $300+ for a set.

If you're not going to wheel it, maybe find some used Smitty rails if you like the look.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you're just looking for something cosmetic, how about the bushwacker jeep trail armor rocker panel and sill plate combo?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bushwackers look nice, I'd like to see them on a jeep and not in that small pic on the qtec site.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I found rubi rails on craigslist for 100 bucks, just keep looking, or search other cities close to you, they pop up pretty often.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually found a site to search all of craigslist and found a few sets, but they were either too much (300+) or the people wouldn't ship them or wanted like 100 for shipping. I'll keep looking though.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I'll have a friend selling a slightly beat on set for a 4 door as soon as his shrockworks sliders come in. Ct's not that far. ;)

Good luck.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My LoD rock rails installed to the frame, which left the mounting holes where the rubicon rails open and it looked unfinished. The Bushwackers fit impressively well and install was a breeze. I also like that it had the door sills b/c the paint there was getting pretty dinged up.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I found rubi rails on craigslist for 100 bucks, just keep looking, or search other cities close to you, they pop up pretty often.
X2. I love my Rubi rails. They sit close to the body and complete the look of the Jeep and provide a good deal of protection from rocks and door dings. Be patient.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
X2. I love my Rubi rails. They sit close to the body and complete the look of the Jeep and provide a good deal of protection from rocks and door dings. Be patient.
X3, plus ACE sliders. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just be patient on the rubi rails. I have a 2 door and thought I would never, ever find a set on CL. BAM found a set this past weekend. Listed at $150 asked for $100 and got it.:punk:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts