Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question has been asked probably 100 times but I am a first-time jeep owner and was wondering what the best 2.5 lift would be for my 2015 unlimited sport, it is my daily driver and I do not plan on doing any crazy off roading, it will see more sand(beach) and trails(not rock climbing) than it will see mud, I also want to upgrade my tires to 285/70/17 but I'm still unsure which ones would work best for me and want I want out of my jeep, if anyone is running that size tire with a 2.5 lift post pictures pleases

Again I know this topic has been covered so many times but any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
272 Posts
I know this question has been asked probably 100 times but I am a first-time jeep owner and was wondering what the best 2.5 lift would be for my 2015 unlimited sport, it is my daily driver and I do not plan on doing any crazy off roading, it will see more sand(beach) and trails(not rock climbing) than it will see mud, I also want to upgrade my tires to 285/70/17 but I'm still unsure which ones would work best for me and want I want out of my jeep, if anyone is running that size tire with a 2.5 lift post pictures pleases

Again I know this topic has been covered so many times but any help would be greatly appreciated
check out the rock krawler 2.5" flex system, AEV and metal cloke. I chose the RK flex system with Fox shocks after reading a ton of threads and talking to Jason at Krawl Off Road. I am very happy with the set up. still debating on tires.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am running the AEV 2.5" lift with 295/65/18 duratracs tires and love the setup -- just got it completed the other day.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Some great suggestions here already. Do you have a budget you were trying to stay within for the lift? You can fit 33's with no lift or with a leveling kit. the rancho 2 inch sport lift looks great with 33's and is very economical. Now if you have a pretty large budget then the skys the limit :)

For tires, I would stick with an all terrain for what you described. There again budget will affect what tires you can look at, a few suggestions to start your research would be BFG K02, Mickey Tompson ATZ P3, Toyo AT2, or if your looking for something a bit more on the mild side Cooper AT3 (the duratracs are a very popular tire as well but i made these suggestions based off you being in texas)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking at the teraflex 2.5 lift with shocks, I'm trying to stay under $1,000, I was told I couldn't run 33's without a lift that it would rub on full flex(not sure if that's true or not)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Yes you may get some rubbing from offroading but that would be under full flex situation and likely not with a leveling kit.

With that said the teraflex 2.5 is a fantastic lift and is ran by many on the forum with great results myself included. Pair it with rancho 9000s or the new 5000x shocks and your good to go. Its suggested to get the lift without shocks as it comes with the better axle side rear track bar bracket. Things to add to the kit would be northridge bolt kit, and while its not needed an adjustable front track bar is a good option. You should be right around 1000 with all that. Control arm drop brackets are a good idea as well. (Brackets and trackbar can be added at any time).

Here is a good thread on the tflex lift.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/#/forumsite/20561/topics/1136938

1 - 9 of 9 Posts