Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see what everyone runs and thoughts on the best 3.5 or 4 inch lift. What brands are the best? My 07 has a 2.5 on it now with 35s. What thinking about going to a 3.5. Have heard that the metalcloak, teraflex and rock krawler are some of the best. Like to hear everyone input! Thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You're pretty right on with MC, TF and RK. If you already have a 2.5" with all 8 adjustable arms and adjustable track bars chances are you can just swap springs.

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
My top 2 all around kits would be the 3.5 AEV Dual Sport SC and the JKS J-Spec J-Kontrol.

These are very balanced kits with steering correction and geometry correction included. These are all around performers with just as much emphasis on street DD performance as there is on offroad and rock crawling.

If you are looking for the best rock crawling performance with a slight sacrifice in DD and on road drive characteristics, look at the Rock Krawler, Teraflex and Metalcloak offerings.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Depends on what you are looking to do and spend. Best? There are 10-12k coil over kits out there which would be the "best." How many people truly need a kit like this? Not many.

Rancho just came out with a new 4 inch kit that looks great and is fairly priced.

Popular kits that are highly regarded included Rock Krawler, TeraFlex, Metal Cloak, and AEV.

Personally I have owned multiple RK kits but plan on making a switch to Rancho the next time around.

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
Depends on what you are looking to do and spend. Best? There are 10-12k coil over kits out there which would be the "best." How many people truly need a kit like this? Not many.

Rancho just came out with a new 4 inch kit that looks great and is fairly priced.

Popular kits that are highly regarded included Rock Krawler, TeraFlex, Metal Cloak, and AEV.

Personally I have owned multiple RK kits but plan on making a switch to Rancho the next time around.
I'm looking forward to hearing more about the new Rancho kits... I just wish they went with a DL flip instead of a drop Pitman for their steering correction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts