Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i took a bunch of spent 30mm rounds from work and was trying to figure out what i should do with them and i figured id atleast make one into a custom shifter knob. So i took a wooden dowel milled it down and sanded it. then i drilled and tapped it. Annnndd prestooo a 30mm throw shifter.

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I plan on nickel platting the round since its steel and not brass. pluss i think chrome is kind of tackey

·
Registered
441 Posts
Looks good. I took a .50cal dummy round and dremeled out the bottom for my t-case shifter.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I used to have a billet NISMO shift knob on my 240sx convertible...didn't have it on more then a month when the hot months came in. Metal shift knobs get really hot! But it looks cool...but believe me it won't feel cool.

:thumb:

·
Commercial Member
831 Posts
I used to have a billet NISMO shift knob on my 240sx convertible...didn't have it on more then a month when the hot months came in. Metal shift knobs get really hot! But it looks cool...but believe me it won't feel cool.

:thumb:
I would think the wooden dowel he used would help insulate from the heat. Let us know...

·
Registered
805 Posts
That is bad ass! Any way you'd want to send one of the extras my way :whistling:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts