Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a light bar to put on my jeep. The only question is which one? There are tons of them out there. I don't want a super cheap one because I want it to last. I'm torn between Rigid and Pandemic. Pandemic says they have one that puts out 40000 lumens compared to Rigids 23000ish. I'm open for opinions and advice.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I have the Pandemic lights (single row) and they have great output. I'm sure the dual row are even better. I've compared them to Rigid and they are just as good if not better and cheaper. The quality is fantastic, can't recommend them enough.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I have the Pandemic lights (single row) and they have great output. I'm sure the dual row are even better. I've compared them to Rigid and they are just as good if not better and cheaper. The quality is fantastic, can't recommend them enough.
Hmm, I wanna check them out in person when we meet up at Jeep Beach. I haven't decided on what light bars to go with yet but I plan to get them within a few months. I also like the single row bars, they look good in 20" and 50" over the double rows.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Hmm, I wanna check them out in person when we meet up at Jeep Beach. I haven't decided on what light bars to go with yet but I plan to get them within a few months. I also like the single row bars, they look good in 20" and 50" over the double rows.
Absolutely, I'll be happy to show you when I see you. They are great. I agree about preferring the low profile look, and man what a difference in wind noise with the single row. I had the dual row (different brand) up there first and it was unbearable. The single row is quiet as can be.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If you want quality then you want rigid or baja designs.

Be careful not to get too much light. My E-series 50" from 2013 puts out 19k lumens and you can see the jeep from many miles away.

At night in the desert it's awesome but it's almost too much brightness as the sand in the air acts like fog with so much directional light on it.

The 50" bar isn't useful in the forest as flashback from the light can and will blind you. I use 4 dualies (2 amber flood and 2 SAE fogs) in the forest.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just my two cents -

I purchased a $199 light bar, plus brackets, and dually cubes for the lower windshield.

The 18w cube led lights - rock. I love them, they're great, and it gives an added boost of light.

The light bar? Meh. It's more for looks- and it's a pain to fine tune. One, I agree - it puts out way too much light. In the summer, with the doors off - if I flip the switch to the bar, all I see is dust/pollen/every mosquito known to man. It really doesn't help the visibility from the driver's seat. Also - it took a good 3 weeks to fine tune the bar (pointed more "down" and rubber trim on the fins) to get rid of the constant howling/wind noise.

Overall, while exciting to buy/install/test out - 50" light bars do have their drawbacks. And please, please, buy a decent harness. There's a lot of cheap thin gauge harnesses that CANNOT handle a 300watt draw, and will actually overheat and start a fire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it. I was looking at the pandemic 50" SHO but maybe I should go with a little less output.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it. I was looking at the pandemic 50" SHO but maybe I should go with a little less output.
Yeah I was looking at that too, but ultimately I'm very happy with my choice. I couldn't imagine needing more light.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone ever heard of Black Oak LED?? Looks like they have some nice lights as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just ordered the 50 inch SHO pandemic, it arrives Tuesday and I'll be posting a full review once installed. I currently have 2 Rigid D2's on the A pillar and a cheap 21 inch on the bumper.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I just ordered the 50 inch SHO pandemic, it arrives Tuesday and I'll be posting a full review once installed. I currently have 2 Rigid D2's on the A pillar and a cheap 21 inch on the bumper.
Sweet can't wait to see pics. I'm sure you'll love it.

·
OVRLNDR
1,803 Posts
These are the specifications from Lifetime LED Phantom Sun
50 Inch bar specifications
672 watts of LED power
96 7w Phillips LED chips
55A current draw at 12v
40300 lumens (YES 40,300)
Die cast aluminum housing
Black powder coating
Replaceable Polycarbonate lense
Extra large heat sink for improved heat extraction
Curved optics for better light control
Combo pattern for the best use of the light
Recommended wire size, 10ga at 8' ,8ga at 10'

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I have a 54 inch on my polaris Ranger- Amazon - $120

I also hvae a 50 inch on my Wrangler - Rigid Industries -sr2

The quality between the two is significant in every aspect. You get what you pay for.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts