Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited soft top. I am also a college student, so money is a strain sometimes. I'm looking for a decent quality roof rack under $250. I also have 2 kayaks I am trying to load.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i was able to pick up the Barricade rack for well under 400 shipped to my door. there may always be a "soft" solution for the kayaks as well. Years ago i had a snowboard rack on my car that just had a couple foam pads that strapped around the roof, you would then place boards on top of said pads and run a second set of straps to hold down boards. it was ghetto but it worked. there may be something like that available and with normally needing to secure the front and rear of kayak to bumpers anyways id imagine it would hold fine. There is always craigslist too.

·
Registered
625 Posts
A truck bed hitch extender in the inverted position would take care of the support at the rear. Then you just have to figure out the front. What I think would work pretty well would be to flip open the sun rider and then fabricate a support that would utilize the attachment points in the sport bar

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Like others have said, at that price the truck bed extender is your best bet. It's not a bad way to go either as its easily removable. You can get a light bar for the front or a 2" hitch receiver in the front and use another truck bed extender if your boat is long enough.

https://www.usrack.com/extend_a_truck.php

1 - 5 of 5 Posts