Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have any suggestions for a good affordable winch for my YJ? I want something good for over 4000lbs but haven't been able to find anything I like or priced right.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I like staying with warn. M8000 is still under $600. I use my winch alot when off roading and I don't feel comfortable with cheap winches.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm happy with a Smittybilt XRC8 (8k lb winch) for $295 with free shipping and a free $25 winch cover. If you add the taxes it was around $330.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I like staying with warn. M8000 is still under $600. I use my winch alot when off roading and I don't feel comfortable with cheap winches.
They're under $500 a few different places and have a $50 rebate as well. Can't beat a decent size Warn for $450 shipped!

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Badland Winches from Harbor Freight are getting good reviews as an inexpensive choice. I think they have a 9k for around $350 plus you can use a 20% off coupon.

·
Registered
357 Posts
They're under $500 a few different places and have a $50 rebate as well. Can't beat a decent size Warn for $450 shipped!
Can you tell me where to find that? $540 is the best I can find so far..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Smittybilt 8k here. Works great. Never overheated. Even did 4
Full length pulls up a hill with a Toyota 4runner hooked to my rear bumper. I will say compared to a warn, it is slow but it works.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Keep an eye on craigslist. I grabbed a lightly used 9k Tabor (warn) with plate for 210. Sold the plate for 75. Deals are out there just be patient. I wasn't looking for a winch, but for the price i couldn't pass it up

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
This is what Beastmaster was referring to. I am leaning toward this winch myself, eventhough I have had great service out of the Smittybilt winches I have had on other trucks. I think the Engo is the same as the RuggedRidge winch. I actually looks like a Smittybilt too

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/e...h-for-only-289-with-free-shipping-102100.html

Same as the Badlands from Harbor Freight all made in CHINA, I got the 12,000lb Badlands on sale with 20% off under $400.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Does anyone out there have any suggestions for a good affordable winch for my YJ? I want something good for over 4000lbs but haven't been able to find anything I like or priced right.

A 4,000lbs, winch is not big enough for a jeep, I had a 3,000lbs on a side by side and needed bigger, get an 8,000lbs or larger. then get a Good snatch block and you should be set.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found a guy on Craigslist that agreed to sell me his 9k winch for $150. He said its 2 years old and from harbor freight. That was before they sold Badlands and he's not sure what brand it is? Is it even worth it or should I look for something more....how you say....American?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts