Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta stop this hood flutter. Anyone running aftermarket hood latches and which is best? I like the look of the Drake RocKlaw but haven't found any reviews on them. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed the Tuffy hood lock ($39.99) from Quadratec. It stopped my hood flutter. I have now also installed the Daystar Hood Latches ($25.64) from Amazon. They replace the factory rubber latch straps and are much tighter. They also stop the hood flutter and were easy to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I replaced my factory latches with Rugged Ridge latches. I don't know what JK you are running but they should work fine.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Removing my hood spring didnt do a thing for my hood-flutter.. X2 on the Rugged Ridge hood latches.. They look great and cured my flutter..

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Another vote for Rugged Ridge

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ditto for the rugged ridge, my husband had the drakes on his jk, they looked nice until they rusted (only on the jeep for 2 years in FL)

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Vote for Drake Rocklaw!

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Vote for Drake Rocklaw!
My brother and I both run these, and for the most part they are alright, but I can't seem to find the sweet spot in adjustment as my drivers side routinely half unpops...and if I cross a speed bump at the mall wrong, the both pop completely...I'm half a step from removing these and going a different direction

1 - 20 of 28 Posts