Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out today that Cooper no longer makes 35 STT Pro's for 17inch wheels - only 20inch from what I am being told...

Looking for the best alternative within that price range (1600-1700 for 5 tires)
I like the aggressive look of the tire and have found that the Trail Grapplers are similar but about 300+ more overall.

Any alternative recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
15,146 Posts
Just found out today that Cooper no longer makes 35 STT Pro's for 17inch wheels - only 20inch from what I am being told...

Looking for the best alternative within that price range (1600-1700 for 5 tires)
I like the aggressive look of the tire and have found that the Trail Grapplers are similar but about 300+ more overall.

Any alternative recommendations?
Yep, if you want STT Pro's, go with the 315/70-17. Good tires...

A bunch of us are having great success with the Milestar Patagonia's if you are willing to think outside the box. We've got nearly a years worth of discussion on them now.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/milestar-patagonia-m-t-2331207.html

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm having great success with my Pro Comp Xtreme MT2's. I really wanted a "35 inch" (a whole 1/4" taller than STT's :) ) tire so I rolled the dice on these. Was pretty hesitant to buy a Pro Comp product but they seem to perform very well in the conditions around here. Then I went all in and got their Trilogy beadlocks as well. So far I am 100% impressed. The ride is very quiet for a MT. I had them on some really sharp rocks a couple of weeks ago with no chunking or sidewall issues. So far (3k miles) traction has been superb on rocks, sloppy mud, and surprisingly... packed snow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Anyone try the COOPER DISCOVERER MTP ?
I was looking to get the STT PRO’s but they have gone way up in price since the tariffs went into effect. I’m looking for 37’s

·
Registered
64 Posts
Had Pro Comp MT2s and liked them a lot. One of the quietest MT tires, at least to my ears. Balanced easy, great traction and sidewall protection.

Currently running the relatively new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss and really like them. 35x12.5-17 in a D load range. Ride good, even quieter on pavement than the Pro Comps. Great traction and sidewall protection.

Reactions: fsp31
1 - 8 of 8 Posts