Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to always use moog on everything but are there better options out there?
looking to replace all my front end joints

·
Registered
387 Posts
I went with Jerry's recommendation on ball joints and bought the Spicers from Amazon.

As for the TRE's I did the ZJ upgrade and went with Moog's and also replaced my drag link with TRE and the TRE for the pitman arm. I used all Moog products and bought them on Amazon.

I like Moog parts and have always used them for my vehicles or Napa. Im not a fan of the off brand products.

Amazon was way cheaper than anyone else on all of the parts.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts

·
Knows a couple things...
49,398 Posts
Quick question about that product. I just did my ball joints and bought this package, but didn't know what the brass pieces were for. Never seen those included. What are they for?
They're not used on the TJ, they are used in old YJ axles. I think they stopped using them in '90 or '91 or so.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Thanks. I figured as much but wondered in what case would they be used.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went with Jerry's recommendation on ball joints and bought the Spicers from Amazon.

As for the TRE's I did the ZJ upgrade and went with Moog's and also replaced my drag link with TRE and the TRE for the pitman arm. I used all Moog products and bought them on Amazon.

I like Moog parts and have always used them for my vehicles or Napa. Im not a fan of the off brand products.

Amazon was way cheaper than anyone else on all of the parts.
could you post or pm amazon links or part numbers for the complete conversion?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts