Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2010 jku rubicon with a 4 in pro comp stage 2 lift and running on 315/70/r17. I am wanting to strengthen my jeep. What's a good ball joint to use

·
Registered
610 Posts
Either one of the above. Both are very good.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I gotta tell you, I am not happy with my Synergy ball joints...they had play in them within 2k miles. I don't know if it was a bad batch or what but I won't be going with them when I replace them this time.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
This is becoming normal.
Normal as in bad or acceptable? I haven't put but 700 miles on mine but it's still tight. We put a set on my buddies jeep few years ago and she still holds tight. Man I hope synergy isn't taking a turn for the worse. No issues with high steer or tie rod either.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
Normal as in bad or acceptable? I haven't put but 700 miles on mine but it's still tight. We put a set on my buddies jeep few years ago and she still holds tight. Man I hope synergy isn't taking a turn for the worse. No issues with high steer or tie rod either.
Should of said More common. I don't know if its a bad run but theres been many reports of Synergy's ball joints wearing prematurely.
Rod ends are fine.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Should of said More common. I don't know if its a bad run but theres been many reports of Synergy's ball joints wearing prematurely. Rod ends are fine.
I'll keep an eye on mine and report back, I'm not the easiest on the jeep so we'll see how it pans out. I bought mine over a year ago so I might be lucky

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
It pisses me off. I got over 20k out of the factory ball joints on 35s, it's pathetic that they held up 10 times as long as the Synergys. I think I'll email them, not that it will help but who knows. I would imagine they're gonna go quick now with 37s too, I've got to decide what to do. I know the Dynatracs are rebuildable, but is rebuilding about the same amout of work as replacing? Are they gonna at least last longer? If not it's not worth the $ & I might as well go with Moog. Argh, Im annoyed. Sorry for the rant OP. Lol

1 - 20 of 79 Posts