Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a black bikini top. I have no hardware and a new windshield frame so i am starting from scratch. What do i need and is there an all inclusive kit? I "water proofed" my jeep so i am just looking for something that will keep me dry if i am driving in the typical florida rain.

Thanks!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S. i have full doors

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for a bikini top all you need is a windshield channle
Bestop Windshield Channel, Black (Drill-In Style) 51209-01

If you have family style bar
Bestop Strapless Safari Bikini Black Denim 52529-15

If you dont have family style roll bar
Traditional Bikini by Bestop for 1986-1991 Jeep Wrangler YJ
thank you for the info! I do have the family style roll bar

Take a look at the spider web shade
it straps to the roll bars
Do the spider web shades repel water? I thought they were mesh

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one more thing, with the full doors do i need any sort of seal between the doors and the bikini top?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have no complaints with my Pavement Ends safari top. $54.99 at quadratec and I also got a mopar channel for $9 there too

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys, no worries on the gap, i was just curious. 90% of the time the doors will be off anyways :punk::punk:

Thanks for the info raycer, I checked them out but went for the bestop. 78 bucks with free 2 day shipping off amazon, cant go wrong! Also, I think i have a channel somewhere around here... i will try to find it before i buy a replacement.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the best top super top and the pavement ends bikini top and there really is no difference in the material. I got my bikini from morris 4x4 for 38$ shipped

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay guys I need help... I went to put up the bikini top but it appears I am missing a part???

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It appears that I dont have this "center footman loop"...?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are they non windshield specific? There are a bunch but none that specify they are for the windshield holes that you see in my picture above.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Check on each side of the tailgate they might have one there that you can move to the windshield. That's where my bikini top fastens to.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the only footman loops I have are the ones on the doors that hold the straps in place to keep them from swinging open too far as well as the one on the hood. However... I monstalined over the hood footman loop so I don't feel like trying to remove that one lol

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone?? :-/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts