Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm sure you guys will steer me in the right direction or tell me if it's a good idea to have all of this mounted to my rear bumper lol. I was rear ended and it messed up my door, hitch reciver, and tire carrier so I figured it was the perfect time to upgrade. If its a good idea I think it would be awesome to have a rear bumper that has a built in hitch reciver, tire carrier, can hold a gas can, and hold a high lift jack. This Jeep will be used for some rock climbing and trails this summer so I'm not sure if I should go this route or not? A normal tire carrier bumper shouldn't be in the way to much but would adding the can and high lift jack make it stick out to much? Whats a good bumper to get? I see the ones on eBay but not sure if those are a good idea to get

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Need more info...

Budget? Tire size? Got to also think about your ability to do it, some require dropping the tank, modification or drilling in tub, frame braces etc etc.

There is so much out there... really need to specify what youre looking to spend... its from 400-2500 or more.

Take a look at tub mounted carriers too, and pick a basic bumper. Some notable tub mount ones are bestop highrock, or-fab, tnt, exogate... prices range also.

Check out Dirtworx, think theyre in cali, american made, well made basic bumpers, and carriers. very reasonably priced as well. I looked at them, but ended going the tub mount route instead.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what I would like. Looks like a simple sturdy design ORFab makes them but their website says that they went out of business? Is there anything like it that I can get?
ForumRunner_20170610_234158.png

·
Registered
639 Posts
Go check out Dirtworx, give Robert a phone call or shoot him an email. He built me a basic carrier a couple of years ago and it held up great, plus it was American made at a good price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts