Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok y'all - what's the best cleaning product you got? I've got mud, dirt, dust, etc. caked on from riding topless. What's the best product you've found for cleaning the dash and console of your JKs? I've got the seats clean, but the door jams, dash, center console are wrecked. any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there aren't any scratches. but I've taken it to Big Bend several times and it got covered in dust, dust, and more dust. and this last time, we hit some muddy spots so it has mud caked on it too. I just need something that will make it look new again.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I second the 303 Protectant. Way better than Armor All. Works great on just about any surface (excluding paint). I also use it on fenders once they are clean.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I also use 303 for the dash, doors, and center console, to keep it shinny and UV protected. I use Aero Cosmetics (found on Amazon. Best products Ive ever used) for Leather protectant/cleaner for my seats, and their Wash and Wax for my Jeep's exterior. They are a company that started off as making products to clean commercial airplanes and private jets. Now make same products for cars.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Do yourself a favor and purchase a detailing brush. You can get a Chemical Guy's Boars Hair detailing brush for like 6 bucks on Amazon. That will really help get into the hard to reach places on the dash, door and steering wheel. If the dirt is caked on like you said you will need the brush to agitate the dirt for removal. I use Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner to clean the dash and interior. Spray it on, agitate with the brush, wipe off with a microfiber towel. Great results. Then protect with the 303.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Do yourself a favor and purchase a detailing brush. You can get a Chemical Guy's Boars Hair detailing brush for like 6 bucks on Amazon. That will really help get into the hard to reach places on the dash, door and steering wheel. If the dirt is caked on like you said you will need the brush to agitate the dirt for removal. I use Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner to clean the dash and interior. Spray it on, agitate with the brush, wipe off with a microfiber towel. Great results. Then protect with the 303.
Normally I'd have just ignored this post and thought to myself "It's plastic... just scrub it with soap and water, dummy!" but I'm in the same boat now.

I sprayed mud all over my interior and some of the parts won't seem to come clean no matter how much I wipe it with soap and water and a cloth.

Thanks for this reply! All the earlier ones about the 303 stuff don't address getting the thing clean. That's just something to put on AFTER it's clean if you want it.

Guess I need a brush and some interior cleaner. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I typically clean with vinegar and water from spray bottle mixture and rag. Once clean, wipe down with your protectant of choice.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I typically clean with vinegar and water from spray bottle mixture and rag. Once clean, wipe down with your protectant of choice.

This doesn’t work for several reasons. Packaging isn’t colorful enough, cost is too low, and you can provide own refills. You’re dragging down the detailing market. Don’t tell anyone either that it cleans mineral deposits on glass.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You need a brush to get in the crevices.

As for protectant, I like Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer. It is a matte finish. Nothing worse than a shiny dashboard.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
To CLEAN it, I use a couple of damp towels. I wipe it with one towel first to get the bulk of the dust off, then go over it again with a different damp towel. Then after it is clean, I wipe it down with something like Armor All.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
To CLEAN it, I use a couple of damp towels. I wipe it with one towel first to get the bulk of the dust off, then go over it again with a different damp towel. Then after it is clean, I wipe it down with something like Armor All.
This definitely won't work on mine.

I had the sill covers completely removed as it made getting the carpet out easier. I SCRUBBED those things HARD with dish soap and water and after they dried they still have a sort of mottled look to them.

I wonder if they're stained??

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
OMG!!! Never in a million years would that work LOL!!!! You would just smear the grime around. It would look 10 times worse......especially on black.

The vinegar water will lift it off on to the cloth, the protectant just puts a shiny film on top of the embedded grime. I can see where peeeps would "think" its clean but it aint. Not when you have humidity and that lightweight dust it sticks like glue and needs scrubbed until you cloth stays white. In Wild Weasels case its going to take a long time and a lot of elbow grease.

·
Registered
‘17 JKU Big Bear
496 Posts
Wild weasel....looks like you had a blast on a trail ride! Dog is happy for sure! That will require some work whatever product you find. Good luck. I’d start with seat covers before the next trip. Little hard to tell in pics, do your seats have the mesh inserts in the center section? I have a ‘17 jku big bear with mesh on my seats. Went to the dog park just after purchasing my Jeep. Of course I forgot towels & my dog found plenty of mud that day. Took some time to clean that unholy mess. Got a set of bartact base line covers for my rear seat the following week. Already had a set for the fronts.

I second the 303 aerospace. Good stuff!! Works great all over the Jeep...fenders, bumpers, interior, & soft top windows. Also works well for cleaning a standard soft top

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
Cover up the dash electronics and use a pressure washer.

Reactions: DAVIDD97TJ
1 - 20 of 33 Posts