Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been looking at getting a gobi stealth rack since i got this new jku. I just love the look and functionality and I'm looking to make an overland rig out of my jeep, so it's a must for me. I've scoured everywhere for the best deal and I think I have it. So, I ordered from northridge4x4.com. They don't advertise giving you a free ladder and wind blocker for free, but they do. Also, if you have an aftermarket bumper like me that needs a special bracket, they'll throw it in for free!. they don't have the led light bar version on the website, but if you call them, they'll put it in your order. Also, they have coupon codes for all the forums and it takes nearly $150 off automatically. So for me, the rack would cost 1595 plus about 150 for the bumper bracket. But I got the rack, ladder, wind blocker, bumper bracket and free shipping for $1435!!!! And this is without any sort of sale going on. I've searched for months and I'd be willing to bet this is as good of a deal as you will get. Just wanted to share and give them some credit for cutting me such a good deal with zero hassle. Awesome company. Can't wait for it to get here!:iamhappy:

·
Registered
79 Posts
great deal

Hey guys,

I have been looking at getting a gobi stealth rack since i got this new jku. I just love the look and functionality and I'm looking to make an overland rig out of my jeep, so it's a must for me. I've scoured everywhere for the best deal and I think I have it. So, I ordered from northridge4x4.com. They don't advertise giving you a free ladder and wind blocker for free, but they do. Also, if you have an aftermarket bumper like me that needs a special bracket, they'll throw it in for free!. they don't have the led light bar version on the website, but if you call them, they'll put it in your order. Also, they have coupon codes for all the forums and it takes nearly $150 off automatically. So for me, the rack would cost 1595 plus about 150 for the bumper bracket. But I got the rack, ladder, wind blocker, bumper bracket and free shipping for $1435!!!! And this is without any sort of sale going on. I've searched for months and I'd be willing to bet this is as good of a deal as you will get. Just wanted to share and give them some credit for cutting me such a good deal with zero hassle. Awesome company. Can't wait for it to get here!:iamhappy:
Thanks for the info!! Great Post...I'll be reaching out to Northridge4x4.com to purchase soon!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know I still have a while to wait but I'm itching for it to come in! Let us know how long it took yours when it comes in!
I've been waiting over 16 weeks now... original quote was 8-12 weeks. Did the "order status request" thing on their website and was told it would ship the week of July 14th. Requested another status 2 weeks ago and was told my rack is complete.

8/13....Still nothing... This better be a dang good roof rack!!! I've been waiting for it almost as long as I waited for my whole Wrangler to get built.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Gobi

Hey guys,

That's a heck of a deal and too bad Northridge4x4 is not able to match that price anymore. Happy for you and hope that rack works out for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Soo update...

So heres an update: Rack ordered on June 2nd, its late august now. its been over 12 weeks and no sign or update. Apparently gobi has been working on updating their websites design and customer status system and they've been struggling. I've put in a couple status updates over the last couple months to no avail and I called Gobi with no help. Northridge finally got some answers for me and it turns out that Gobi had some sort of influx of orders this summer, and even though I had a confirmed expected ship date of 4-6 upon order, all orders were delayed to 12 weeks, and my expected ship date was Aug 25. We'll see if that holds true but I haven't received any sort of update and none of my status requests have been answered. Sadly, I've already had to move in to UVA for the year so I won't be able to but it on any time soon. I want to say Im upset, but I do understand that Gobi is trying to streamline a new system, and Northridge doesn't really have any power once the order is out of their hands. Wish something could be done.Patiently waiting...

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
You will find Northridge to be one of your go to companies for parts. Great prices and great customer service as well. I order from far too often. LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will find Northridge to be one of your go to companies for parts. Great prices and great customer service as well. I order from far too often. LOL
Seems like you're very right! Everything I've ordered for my JK I've got from them. Used to be I used Quadratec for everything on my YJ. Northridge just has the hookup for prices. Unfortunately I have had issues with all of my orders from them but I still can't beat the price point. And all the issues I've had were problems on the manufacturer and shipper's ends. Just makes it frustrating.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update Again

Sooooo I contacted Northridge because August 25th had long passed and I still hadn't received word on the shipping of my Gobi, and I need it soon because the only chance I'll have to install it will be fall break here at UVA, and after that I won't have another chance for a couple months, and I want it ready for when I get to ski patrolling and training this winter. Northridge emailed gobi and no reply came back for about 4 days. I called northridge again and talked to Eric and he sent another email to Leslie at Gobi and included me in it so I could see. It finally took two tries and 5 business days for Leslie at Gobi to respond. (This was a friday) and she said it would ship the early the next week (this meant about Sept. 11th-13th maybe, keep in mind, original ship date was August 25th). So here I am happy that it finally might be on the road, but its friday the 15th and no word from Gobi about shipping updates, even with me directly emailing requesting a tracking number for the freight shipment. Northridge hasn't sent me a drop shipment notification either so I assume they haven't received news from Gobi either. Honestly, Northridge has been very helpful but Gobi has been quite a clusterf*ck and its getting close to sending me off the edge. They better hope this rack is worth it because this is outright ridiculous.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quicker Update

So after posting that and venting some, I decided to directly call Gobi to see if I could get some answers. Initially it seemed like I was being turned away because she said they don't offer tracking numbers on racks because its done through a "logistics company" and that she isn't even allowed to tell me if its left their facility even if I have the PO. Then she proceeded to ask me what the PO was so she could contact to Northridge so they could contact me, but as soon as I gave it and said my name, she said she could actually tell me if it had left because Leslie had just given her the paperwork (I'm probably on some Crazy Customer Beware list lol). She let me know that it has left and should be getting to its destination by the middle of next week. We'll see...:drinks:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I waited for 4 months for one of their slimline toolboxes for my Stealth. To say Gobi's customer service leaves something to be desired is in understatement.

If I had it to do over, I would have bought from someone else.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ordered mine from Trailduty about 5 weeks ago. 1595 shipped and came with the ladder, wind deflector, & tie down system. Chomping at the bit for that big heavy box to show up.

·
Registered
904 Posts
i got my rack in exactly 8 weeks. then took 16 weeks to get a toolbox also, was waaaaaay to long for something that small. Great products, just long waits....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I waited for 4 months for one of their slimline toolboxes for my Stealth. To say Gobi's customer service leaves something to be desired is in understatement.

If I had it to do over, I would have bought from someone else.
And its not even that they're rude or mean!!! They just don't know a damn thing and are TERRIBLE at getting back. Always just "we'll look and give you a call back" and never, not once, do they actually do so. Better believe Im making all my accessory mounts myself. Not shelling any more money I don't have to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ordered mine from Trailduty about 5 weeks ago. 1595 shipped and came with the ladder, wind deflector, & tie down system. Chomping at the bit for that big heavy box to show up.
You might be waiting a while bud. Sit back and enjoy the ride, it might be a long one hahaha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i got my rack in exactly 8 weeks. then took 16 weeks to get a toolbox also, was waaaaaay to long for something that small. Great products, just long waits....
8 WEEKS!?!?! Lucky you! I was told when I ordered that my estimated ship date was 4-6 and its been 14..... I woulda just found a toolbox or made one custom. Honestly probably cheaper than theirs too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Additional Info!

ALSO! If anybody has been wondering how to mount stuff on their Gobi's without paying 3 arms and a leg for the proprietary mounts, I think I found a super cheap solution. I'm looking to make a mount for my ARB awning thats on the way and I was browsing Lowe's website. Found the perfect thing: 1-1/4 Split Ring Pipe hangers. I'll elaborate more when I actually do the install, but I think these cheap little things might be the hookup for cheap, strong mounts. We'll see...

·
Registered
432 Posts
I just ordered a Stealth rack from Trail Duty. You get a free accessory if you order before 9/30 and they have a $100 off coupon as well. No CA sales tax is a bonus as well.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally!!!

So after posting that and venting some, I decided to directly call Gobi to see if I could get some answers. Initially it seemed like I was being turned away because she said they don't offer tracking numbers on racks because its done through a "logistics company" and that she isn't even allowed to tell me if its left their facility even if I have the PO. Then she proceeded to ask me what the PO was so she could contact to Northridge so they could contact me, but as soon as I gave it and said my name, she said she could actually tell me if it had left because Leslie had just given her the paperwork (I'm probably on some Crazy Customer Beware list lol). She let me know that it has left and should be getting to its destination by the middle of next week. We'll see...:drinks:
So it officially has arrived, just a little later than expected, came in the friday of the week they said it would. Haven't had a chance to inspect it, but I'm going home this weekend to check it and install it myself. The shipping company was VERY nice and helpful. Even allowed me to reroute my shipment to my shop instead of my house. Awesome guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts