Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everbody I'm looking to do a swap and I was wondering about what engine I should get to drop in and everything that I will need to do it. If I had the money I would go by the 5.7l hemi jeep but I dont and I love my tj and would rather just do an engine swap.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
If you want to dream, look up the user "eliminator" now, if you want something more down to earth, drop the i6 in it. I'm sure someone who has more knowledge than I will give you the prices and what is needed.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
i'll never get rid of my 4.0L but a magnum v8 is about the best swap for a tj

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Chevy LS series.. Check out Novack Conversions,,,

·
Registered
321 Posts
The first thing you need to decide is how much $$ you are willing/able to spend. That will go a long ways towards figuring out what motor you'll be able to do. Next is your own mechanical abilities...how much can you do yourself? You should also start reading on the jeep forums about current and previous projects that others have done.

Answer those questions first and you'll have a better idea of where you stand.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
man, if I had the money..
(this probably isnt going where you might think)

I would absolutely do a bluetec turbo clean diesel. About the same weight as the 4.0L only and extra 75 or so HP and gobs and gobs of low end torque you could easily tune more than 400ft lbs. Plus 25-30mpg isnt bad either.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4bt cummins or 6bt cummins engine is what I am thinking of doing. just gotta get the case and all the parts to make it work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts