Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Check out Savvy's Rock Crawler exhaust system that uses 2 different sized Magnaflow mufflers. Every now and then they'll have it on sale for $200 off msrp

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just put on the Dynomax 38515. Under accel it makes a nice growl, not obnoxious, then once you are cruising you barely know you have a different exhaust. You can hear it, but just. My tires make more noise(the stock BFG muds). And ZERO drone.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
What's the best exhaust for a Jeep JK? I got a 2014 Rubicon.
It really depends on what you want out of your Exhaust. If you're looking for more clearance or just different sound. And if it's sound, its very subjective. I would recommend checking Youtube for sound clips to pick what you like best.

Let me know if you see anything you like and I'll get you a great price!

-Ryan

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
I like the aFe High Tuck system. It's reasonably priced and quite functional too. I will install it for the high tuck feature alone...

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I like the aFe High Tuck system. It's reasonably priced and quite functional too. I will install it for the high tuck feature alone...

I installed this on Sunday. At idle and when cruising it is rather quiet, just a nice rumble. But when you get on it you get some nice noise. I went with it because it doesn't have a tip hanging under the bumper waiting to get crushed nor am I a fan of the dual exhaust systems.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just put on the Dynomax 38515. Under accel it makes a nice growl, not obnoxious, then once you are cruising you barely know you have a different exhaust. You can hear it, but just. My tires make more noise(the stock BFG muds). And ZERO drone.
X2 .. Check out their vender section.
And they are running a rebate on them right now too.
oh thanks guys :pcwhack::atomic: You just made me order a Dynomax 38517 for my 4dr. :drinks:

-sass

·
Registered
361 Posts
is this only for the jku's? or for that matter '12-current year models?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm new to the jeep family. And instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd just ask here. What's the difference between a cat back and axel back exhaust? I'm really look for better sound. Low rumble.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I'm new to the jeep family. And instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd just ask here. What's the difference between a cat back and axel back exhaust? I'm really look for better sound. Low rumble.
Cat back usually eliminate the resonator and start at the catalytic converter. Axle back is just a new muffler and tailpipe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It really depends on what you want out of your Exhaust. If you're looking for more clearance or just different sound. And if it's sound, its very subjective. I would recommend checking Youtube for sound clips to pick what you like best. Let me know if you see anything you like and I'll get you a great price! -Ryan
I like the Borla and the dynomax. Probably the dynomax. I want something that sounds good, looks good (preferably black, if not I might paint the tips) and has clearance. What do you think? Can u find the dynomax axle back for a really good price? Thanks man

1 - 20 of 41 Posts