Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im looking to upgrade my exhaust. Im looking for soemthing that will give my jeep a nice deep throaty/aggressive sound. I was looking into something that would be catback and preferably dual exhaust. If anyone has dual exhaust done on their jeep can you post some photos. And any companies and models that are proven to be good is much appreciated. Thanks everyone -Anthony

(2008 Jeep Wrangler X Automatic Stock 2DR)

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Howdy,
I will reccomend the flowmaster 60 series if you want a deep sound. You wont find it on UTube because noone has tried one. I have had one for 3 months now and can tell you that it is the deepest sounding muffler that you will have on a Jeep. Mine is mounted in the stock location and the only thing that you might not like is that it is a single outlet muffler. One more good facet of the 60 series is that it has no interior drone. Good luck with your choice!!! Have a goodun!!!!!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
:whistling: '08 JKUR Flowmaster 40 cat-back-

Sweet sound no drone/nice rap-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

X2. May be hard to do with the 2 dr. That is why I just put mine in the stock location. If you wanted to do something like JIMBO's setup, you can move the evap canister. You may want to go talk to a muffler place and see what they can cook up. But a Flowmaster 40 regular or maybe a 60 would sound good.
Here is my FM40.
‪2010 JK Flowmaster 40‬‏ - YouTube

‪Jeep JK Flowmaster 40 driving‬‏ - YouTube

Sounds even better now with intake upgrade.

·
Banned
764 Posts
Just my own opinion, but I like my stock catback system sound better then that racket. That would drive me to drinking to hear that for 10 hours at 75 mph.

·
Registered
288 Posts
El Gringo said:
I paid a local shop 120 to do it. Should be between 110-150. Call around and see.
And how much did u pay for parts on top of that ? Sorry for the dumb questions that seems super cheap

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've got a 2012 in the oven, so I may wait to hear what the Pentastar sounds like. But I would love a dual system (single muffler?) that has the "stereo" sound but not a lot of racket. Something reasonable like that might get my coin, but I'm not out to wake the neighbors.

If I wanted racket, I'd keep my TJ.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts