Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Free? Hmm... that's a hard one lol, not many mods are free. My favorite completely free one would have to be relocating the rear-view mirror from the windshield up to the center of the windshield frame. It opens up your field of vew, and the drivers behind you don't blind you as much. Simple enough lol.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Best free mod by far is the Nutter and ECU-ectomy on my 4.2. PO had already bought the Weber so no cost to me. I did end up replacing the ICM very shortly after to make it run right but it wasnt the fault of the mod, it just brought it to my attention.

431 Posts
Defcon 1 said:
Free? Hmm... that's a hard one lol, not many mods are free. My favorite completely free one would have to be relocating the rear-view mirror from the windshield up to the center of the windshield frame. It opens up your field of vew, and the drivers behind you don't blind you as much. Simple enough lol.
Any pics of that mod

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pulled the front and rear trackbars.
Flipped the rear view upside down.
Pulled carpets.
Disconnected sway bar and cable tied it to the frame.
Wire wheeled the frame and sprayed with rust converter and then a top coat of rust paint.
Since I have a lift, I pulled the OEM jack out of the engine compartment.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just did the 15 to 20 gal gas tank fuel vent hose removal procedure. I haven't filled up yet, cause I'm running the tank empty to see what the gas gauge reads when empty. Mine reads way high all the time, while moving.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keeter6227 said:
Trimming the stock front bumper to a shortie and cutting the exhaust ( for now till new muffler comes) right before the tail section and air box mod
Do u have pics of the bumper and what's the air box mod

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
aired down my tires a little...

At 35psi it rode very hard on bumps like a skateboard on a sidewalk. After airing each tire down to 30psi the ride quality improved by 100%.

Im running 33x12.5x15 Duratracs.

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but I used these instructions: Wrangler YJ Gas Tank Modification 15 to 20 Gallons

I did the mod without dropping the tank.
this is a good mod, just keep these things in mind if you do the tank mod.
1. your fuel guage will not read right
2. you may get fuel splashing up into the tube on bumps & hills if you have a full tank.
3. make sure your vents are working properly so it doesn't swell on hot days. With a full tank there won't be much room for vapors to expand and contract.

·
Registered
473 Posts
this is a good mod, just keep these things in mind if you do the tank mod.
1. your fuel guage will not read right Yep, knew that before. My gauge is super bouncy anyway & normally reads full while driving.
2. you may get fuel splashing up into the tube on bumps & hills if you have a full tank. I was wondering if it might happen.
3. make sure your vents are working properly so it doesn't swell on hot days. With a full tank there won't be much room for vapors to expand and contract.
I'm gonna fill it up today for the first time since the mod & I think I'll see how fast the nozzle shuts off on the second try.

Thanks for your extra input.:cool:

·
Registered
513 Posts
2 pieces of Velcro around back loop of soft top. Replaces the stretched, elastic straps that hold the back window. Right in the way of my rear view mirror. If I had my jeep with me I would take a pic.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts