Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I'm trying to decide between;

*Rancho front differential skid
*Riddler or some other HD cover
*Replace current Mopar skids (which I have now front & rear)

My front axle is a D-30.

I'm trying to decide which would provide the most/best protection. Right now I have the Mopar skids that bold onto the factory covers. My front one took some serious damage this past weekend, it did it's job and saved me from a torn diff cover but it now needs to be replaced as it's completely toast...
I'm wondering if I should just get the Mopar one again as it's the least expensive option and can almost act as disposable armor or one of the options I listed above. Price is really not an issue, just looking for the best protection against rock damage.

Thanks!

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I have the ARB covers front and rear.

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
rancho. it saved my front diff.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Riddler here.

Paint it before you install it.

Have you seem Rokmen's video on the Riddler? Its damn near indestructible. and it has no ledges to get caught up on.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
I run River Raider front and rear. Stood the entire weight of the Jeep on the front on a rock going up Crawler Ridge at Rausch Creek (OOPS! :))- not even a drip of oil out.

Most aftermarket covers WILL seep some gear oil, by the way- be ready for that. Pretty much anything out there is good. The big things to look out for are the thickness of the steel, and the mounting hardware. I also run a Lubelocker gasket- works like a champ- Mark W.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts