Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

just wondering what is the best way to protect your fuel

Locking Fuel cap or locking fuel cap door.
any experience

Look is also important :)

thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
We get a locking cap as standard down here - it opens with the standard ignition key so it is convenient. However, opening the damn thing though is a pain in the butt. You have to insert the key, turn the key clockwise 90 degrees and while holding it there turn the cap anticlockwise to undo it.

The first few fill ups I had the misses calling me from the petrol station as no one could open the damn thing - despite the instructions being written on the cap.

So my vote is NOT for the Mopar locking cap!

·
Registered
609 Posts
SeaComms said:
We get a locking cap as standard down here - it opens with the standard ignition key so it is convenient. However, opening the damn thing though is a pain in the butt. You have to insert the key, turn the key clockwise 90 degrees and while holding it there turn the cap anticlockwise to undo it.

The first few fill ups I had the misses calling me from the petrol station as no one could open the damn thing - despite the instructions being written on the cap.

So my vote is NOT for the Mopar locking cap!
+1 on this!

I have the locking cap as well and it really doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle... It's on my list of things to replace!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts