Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried a little of everything on my two TJ's and I haven't found a decent bulb yet. Anyone really happy with something they've installed? Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
People rant and rave about trucklite LEDs . But I don't think they get hot enough to melt ice and snow buildup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sylvania Silver-stars are the best out there in my opinion. There is a huge difference between them and the stock lights. With TJ's you have to replace the whole light not just the bulb but installation is very easy.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I went Trucklites about 6 weeks ago, and I am very happy. My gosh they are "night and day difference." Cost was significantly more than the Silverstars, however. I would still go with the Trucklites again, if I had to do it over.

·
Registered
901 Posts
If you're looking for an upgrade that doesn't break the bank, Silverstars are the way to go. Try to get Silverstar Ultra's.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Trucklites are the best upgrade I put on my TJ - you can find them for around $400 for the set. I notice KC just came out with a LED headlight. JW Speaker is another option, but dang...double the price of the Trucklite is a lot of coin. I'm about to go order a second set for my JKU :)

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Trucklites are the best upgrade I put on my TJ - you can find them for around $400 for the set. I notice KC just came out with a LED headlight. JW Speaker is another option, but dang...double the price of the Trucklite is a lot of coin. I'm about to go order a second set for my JKU :)

Just got mine from ebay. 336 with free shipping

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Are they LEDs? I'm more a fan of traditional lights.

Nevermind! Answered my own question.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I recently installed a set of Delta Quad Bar H4 headlights and am pleased with the results, both aesthetically and functionally, for the price.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got Hella H4 housings from amazon, Sylvania 100/80 bulbs from amazon, and made my own harness. There are quite a few threads regarding the H4 conversion.

Here is the great guide that I used for making the harness. It was posted by Slithering_Joe in JF. I sourced my harness parts from partsexpress.com, though, because everything was much cheaper. I also used heavier gauge (10ga instead of 12ga and 14ga instead of 16ga).

All together, the whole setup was no more than about $140.00, and my low beams are now leaps and bounds better than my KC Daylighters that push 130watts. I can see!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts