Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Newbie here with a new to me 2013 JK unlimited. We moved to Utah and had to have a new Jeep to explore the local area. I have a quick question on step bars/rock sliders. The first question about our new jeep is to find a really heavy duty step that may (or may not) improve the side impact protection. I don't really want to get into the safety thing, but my wife is on blood thinners and I am going to add side steps, so I might as well get a really heavy duty set and hope it improves safety some.

Any suggestions for me?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello everyone. Newbie here with a new to me 2013 JK unlimited. We moved to Utah and had to have a new Jeep to explore the local area. I have a quick question on step bars/rock sliders. The first question about our new jeep is to find a really heavy duty step that may (or may not) improve the side impact protection. I don't really want to get into the safety thing, but my wife is on blood thinners and I am going to add side steps, so I might as well get a really heavy duty set and hope it improves safety some.

Any suggestions for me?

I was looking at these, but out of my budget and they are really heavy. But since you are looking for something to rock slide on and if you have the budget these are amazing:

https://www.rockslideengineering.com/jk-4d-step-sliders.html

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have LOD Signature Series sliders welded to the frame. They make a good enough step and I can’t image anything being any more sturdy. I’ve bashed them pretty good and barely a scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
Simailirly i was looking for something heavy duty to protect my two door from rocks and possibly a side impact accident. I went with the barricade rock sliders and i highly recommend them. They angle upwards slightly, so they can be used as a rudimentary step. They are secured to the frame by the body mounts meaning they are about as strongly secured as you can get. Heavy duty steel and at a pretty good price as well ($200 i think). Hit up Ryan from extreme terrain for your forum discount!

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
I've had ACE sliders since 2015. They get beat up on rocks in the summer. I spray some bedliner on them once a year to get them looking good and safe to step on.

Note the banged-in spot on the pic, but the tube itself is still nice and true:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had ACE sliders since 2015. They get beat up on rocks in the summer. I spray some bedliner on them once a year to get them looking good and safe to step on.

Note the banged-in spot on the pic, but the tube itself is still nice and true:

Are those mounted with the stock Rubicon Sliders?

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Are those mounted with the stock Rubicon Sliders?
Yes. I'm going to take the Rubi rails off this spring; ultimately I'll put some skin armor there.

·
Bella's Jeeper
1,257 Posts
I have the Rock Hard 4x4 angled down. Very stout and very good step. Made in the USA with USA steel too. I also have their aluminum bumpers and skids. A great little company to deal with.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Another vote for the Ace sliders. Have beaten the he!! out of them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently installed the LOD signature sliders. They are a good step and as beefy as you can get, since they are frame mounted. Quality made and I’ve never received a product so well wrapped. Not cheap at $600, but you get what you pay for with these.

I bolted mine to the frame, so I had to drill and tap 14 holes. By myself, it was an all day job, but well worth the effort. Welding would be easier but I wanted to be able to remove them if needed.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I really like the look of these:

https://www.tygerauto.com/i-1738-star-armor-kit-for-2007-2018-jeep-wrangler-jk-4-door-textured-black-side-step-nerf-bars-running-boards.html#!submodel=UNLIMITED SPORT UTILITY 4-DOOR||model=WRANGLER||make=JEEP||year=2013

Anyone have any experience? The tube thickness is pretty good and the price is right (although that is not a primary driver for me).
They look more stout than smittybilt but really look like a knockoff. Someone in one of the other slider threads has them and likes them.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
I really like the look of these:

https://www.tygerauto.com/i-1738-star-armor-kit-for-2007-2018-jeep-wrangler-jk-4-door-textured-black-side-step-nerf-bars-running-boards.html#!submodel=UNLIMITED SPORT UTILITY 4-DOOR||model=WRANGLER||make=JEEP||year=2013

Anyone have any experience? The tube thickness is pretty good and the price is right (although that is not a primary driver for me).

I have a set Tyger, I'd love to sell. They were on for a year and went to Metalcoak sliders. Both brands performed well but the Mrs. couldn't get in very easy due to the lift, 37s and being in our 60s. Got her a set of Rock Slide Engineering sliders and she loves them. I wheel every chance I can, (mostly rocks) and they work fantastic.
od

1 - 20 of 29 Posts