Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - new to the forum but I've been lurking for the past few weeks. I'm set on getting a Wrangler and I've decided to go new. I live in Tennessee so just curious to hear some opinions on the best dealerships around the Southeast? So far Koons seems to be the best I've seen inventory and price wise - which is still 7 hours from me so would love to find something closer.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
There's at least one forum member that flew up to Koons from Florida, so the eastern seaboard is probably out.

Reactions: SOCALGAL

·
Registered
500 Posts
Koons is who we went with, and we're from Florida. No hassles, no pressure, everything delivered exactly as promised. Talk to Craig Benner, [email protected] or 570-556-0451. If there's a better, easier deal than that in the SE, we couldn't find one in six months of researching.

I also recommend factory ordering to get exactly what you want at no extra cost. From the time we ordered through Craig to the time the Jeep was ready at Koons, we waited just short of four weeks. That was earlier this year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had great luck with Keffer Jeep in Charlotte. They've always treated me right, with both JKs. Ask for Pierre. He'll hook you up. He's awesome.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Dittos to Glowyrm for factory ordering

Glowyrm hit it nicely by recommending factory ordering . I factory ordered from a Fleet Manager , got exactly what I wanted , and $ 1500 to $ 1700 was knocked off immediately , with no down payment required . Don't forget the hitch and the better axle ratio if you desire . Warning , mopar extended warranties begin upon day of purchase , so if you wait until about 30 months , you will get extra 30 months on your extended warranty , over buying it at the beginning , if you decide to go that way .:bop:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I feel I got some pretty simple and fair no-haggle pricing from Rockie Williams Jeep in Mt Juliet TN (near Nashville). Big inventory and they also have some custom shop Jeep as well.

My JKURR MT soft top in Rhino was delivered today.

Hope to pick up next week.

Ask for Matthew. There are two of them. Either are good. I ordered mine through the Matthew in internet sales.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'll throw in a recommendation for Palmer in Atlanta. Find your lowest price and then email James Akins. He was great. Beat the price and was completely hassle free. No pressure, no trying to talk me into a jeep on their lot. He did a factory order and we did all the paperwork online and over the phone. They also deliver for free within a certain mile range.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out the stickie by Other_Erik in JK general forum. Followed his advice on canvasing local dealer with exact specs on ordered Jeep and a couple came back with very aggressive out the door pricing that beat some of the group buy deals that have been mentioned in the threads. Takes a little work trading emails, but the effort saved me a lot of $ in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
582 Posts
Koons is great if you have no trade to put in the equation. Because their prices are so low they will extremely lowball your trade. Which will completely cancel out any savings they offer.

Tap'd from my 7+
OIIIIIIIO

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'll throw in a recommendation for Palmer in Atlanta. Find your lowest price and then email James Akins. He was great. Beat the price and was completely hassle free. No pressure, no trying to talk me into a jeep on their lot. He did a factory order and we did all the paperwork online and over the phone. They also deliver for free within a certain mile range.
I had a good experience at Palmer too, good price and decent trade price.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Koons is great if you have no trade to put in the equation. Because their prices are so low they will extremely lowball your trade. Which will completely cancel out any savings they offer.

Tap'd from my 7+
OIIIIIIIO

^ this. Koons is great if you're just buying a Jeep. once a trade comes into play, they make all of that back. their best trade offer was $2,000 lower than the lowest offer i got here

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a good experience at Palmer too, good price and decent trade price.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I tried palmer too. I agree, their prices seemed competive. I'm glad you had a great experience but, strangely enough, I could never get a call back from them .... so I moved on.

It was either Rockie Williams in Mt Juliet, TN or Champion in Decatur, AL.

So far, knock on wood, Rockie Williams has been good to me. They Ended up taking off another $400 From their price. No one else near me got closer than that.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Before purchasing the unlimited sport from a local dealership, we were very tempted to travel 6+ hours to Kernersville, NC as they had a good deal on a 2016 Willys Wheeler. Can't say I spoke to any of the salesmen/women about the jeep.. but the guys at the parts department were on their toes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I tried palmer too. I agree, their prices seemed competive. I'm glad you had a great experience but, strangely enough, I could never get a call back from them .... so I moved on.
I sent them online contact info and haven't heard from them. I actually had a nice test drive there and I'd like to at least hear what they have to offer!

I'll send a request to Rockie Williams in Mt Juliet, TN or Champion in Decatur, AL.Thanks for the info

·
Registered
500 Posts
Oh, this is so true about Koons and trade-ins. They offered us **$8,500** less in trade on our old used vehicle than we got in cash from Carmax. You try to trade at Koons, you get screwed. So, we didn't trade.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Plus Koon's has high dealer fees.
I got over 4% off invoice here in Houston with no haggling and no dealer fees.
Was within mere hundreds of dollars compared to Koon's OTD.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I sent them online contact info and haven't heard from them. I actually had a nice test drive there and I'd like to at least hear what they have to offer!

I'll send a request to Rockie Williams in Mt Juliet, TN or Champion in Decatur, AL.Thanks for the info
call and ask for james akins. he was great. if you pm me i can give you his cell and my name. I can't promise anything but I don't mind emailing him and telling him to give you as good of a deal as he did for me.

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
Plus Koon's has high dealer fees.
I got over 4% off invoice here in Houston with no haggling and no dealer fees.
Was within mere hundreds of dollars compared to Koon's OTD.
For some reason there are some people that forget to factor in the add on fees [like doc fees, etc.] to the price when mentioning how great a deal they got. They'll often say they got x% below invoice, and typically forget to add in the fees. The bottom line is the out the door price. I don't care how they arrive at that number, because at the end of the day the out the door price with taxes and tags for the state the vehicle is going to be registered in is the only price that matters.

·
Registered
55 Posts
For some reason there are some people that forget to factor in the add on fees [like doc fees, etc.] to the price when mentioning how great a deal they got. They'll often say they got x% below invoice, and typically forget to add in the fees. The bottom line is the out the door price. I don't care how they arrive at that number, because at the end of the day the out the door price with taxes and tags for the state the vehicle is going to be registered in is the only price that matters.
Exactly. And that is how I ask for a price - OUT THE DOOR. I want to know how much the final check I write is going to be. That's it. EVERYTHING. It's amazing to me how many sales people act like they can't give that number and I really need to come in and talk to them in person, lol. Nope - I know what I want, I'm asking you what the final cost is, let's save us both some time. I'm an old lady and I don't want to spend 3 hours in a dealership an hour away in ATL traffic while you and your 'manager' supposedly go back and forth with each other...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts