Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in South Florida and vehicles get stolen daily. It sucks because im from a small town in Adirondacks of Upstate NY and we never have to worry about this stuff. So also with Jeep beach approaching its a great target of oppurtunity for thieves as well, so Id like to MANUALY secure my jeep with a CLUB style deterent. I was at Pep boys the other day getting one for the pedal to steering wheel connection and the lady told me theives can easily cut the steeing wheel and drive off.

So what do yall use. Im sure some models of the CLUB or similiar are worth a shot right. Let me know what yall use thanks.

Theres the 3 I saw. Brake lock...Steering wheel....and brake to wheel.

AntiTheft Vehicle Lock Pedal To Wheel Club Car Security Van Truck Suv Golf Cart - Locks

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro..._g&ei=ts8WVYn6JaO1sAT09oGQCQ&ved=0CIcBEKYrMAE

Winner International The Club Brake Lock Brake Pedal Lock

·
Registered
841 Posts
I've had three cars, all with expensive security systems, plus one motorcycle stolen.

If they really want it, short of sitting in it with a .45, there's not much you can do.

Don't leave anything valuable in it, and make sure your insurance coverage is good.

·
Commercial Member
125 Posts
Hidden fuel pump switch. Cut one of the wires going to the fuel pump, wire in a 10 amp or higher rated switch, in a hidden location. Your Jeep will start and idle, even drive a few feet, then die. They could still tow it away, but its not likely they will drive it away.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had three cars, all with expensive security systems, plus one motorcycle stolen.

If they really want it, short of sitting in it with a .45, there's not much you can do.

Don't leave anything valuable in it, and make sure your insurance coverage is good.
Damn talk about bad luck.
Im aware of he above. We all know the "if a theif wants it, a theif will get it" However Just looking for a decent deterent. My insurance is good as well. Just dont want to ever have to deal with all that. Especially with the mods list I have.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hidden fuel pump switch. Cut one of the wires going to the fuel pump, wire in a 10 amp or higher rated switch, in a hidden location. Your Jeep will start and idle, even drive a few feet, then die. They could still tow it away, but its not likely they will drive it away.
This is a great idea. My roommate has that on his old jeep. And the CLUB lol. Will that work on the new JKs with all the CANBUS and electroics. I may do something like that eventually. Also its a 2014, will that interfer with warranty. I know, I know....Do I want a warranty or stolen Jeep :)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
:worthy: AWESOME idea...I'm doin it

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I think a club is a good visual deterrent. Certainly won't stop a determined thief, but may slow them down or even cause them to pass to an easier target. What do I do? I use the Club and LoJack, on several vehicles. Expensive, well that's relative, not when you compare it to the cost to replace your ride or cover depreciation and deductible. If your car gets stolen you can receive a text or phone call within about 10-15 minutes. Then you call the local police and they find it, usually within an hour.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I think a club is a good visual deterrent. Certainly won't stop a determined thief, but may slow them down or even cause them to pass to an easier target. What do I do? I use the Club and LoJack, on several vehicles. Expensive, well that's relative, not when you compare it to the cost to replace your ride or cover depreciation and deductible. If your car gets stolen you can receive a text or phone call within about 10-15 minutes. Then you call the local police and they find it, usually within an hour.
and how much does that set you back?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I currently live a block outside of Detroit city limits. My wife had her Ford Escape stolen from our driveway last year. On my jeep, I use the club, trimax tire lock and locking lug nuts. I also have a cable lock and the Bolt lock on my spare. So far so good. Luckily, we are moving to a more rural area of Michigan soon and will have a garage.

·
Registered
123 Posts
On my Harley or BMW GS I just put a holster on the handle bars if in Sturgis or Daytona....don't know if it worked or not. Don't know if putting one in the Jeep dash would work or not.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Could always leave it parked in 4-lo... Imagine them trying to speed off at 20mph lol. Most of them probably aren't smart enough to check that before pulling out, then have to stop completely to disengage it. Might be enough time to catch them on a traffic cam??

Or what about those little stuck on iSquares that you can track on your phone app or online? Easy to hide, could even put them on a couple different parts of the jeep. Not a deterrent but could make finding it easier.

Just a hillbilly from WV here so I don't sweat it. I leave the jeep naked and just make sure there's nothing in there I can't replace. Hell my old honda I bet I didn't take the key out of the ignition for over two years! Lol

·
Registered
546 Posts
Truck club that goes on to the clutch or brake pedal and the floor board...it is not 100% but way more better (ya I said that lol) then the club from the brake pedal to and or on the steering wheel. I have them on all my vehicles..the trick is to pull it tight up against the pedal arm...You cant get it out of park because the brake cant go down...it will take a LONG time to cut thru and the brake pedal is also hardened steel...it will keep the "honest" thieves away as if they want it it is GONE..got mine at Pepboys..the ones on the steering wheel are a joke and almost scream steal me to all the looser thieves that walk by investigating their next victim.
Cameron

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Pop 3 clips holding airbag on, only one bolt and the steering wheel slides off easy. Drastic, but less than moving to a better area code.
If going drastic wouldn't it be simpler to just unbolt the pitman arm? Lol. Look at me I can't steer!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
True, then you have a wrecked jeep, better to just try to prevent theft. I don't steal cars but if I did I imagine I'd skip the ones missing steering wheels. I didn't really mean as a serious idea, I rarely even lock mine, just the glove box and arm rest.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts