Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a couple things I want to have a Jeep service department look at on my Wrangler before my extended warranty expires in about a year. There are three Jeep Dealer Service Departments in the Raleigh area. Cary Auto Park, WestGate and Leith. Has anyone had good luck with any of these Service Departments? Perhaps even have a Service Manager you can recommend? I'd like to be able to go in and get straight answers to my questions with as little hassle or run around as possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I've got a couple things I want to have a Jeep service department look at on my Wrangler before my extended warranty expires in about a year. There are three Jeep Dealer Service Departments in the Raleigh area. Cary Auto Park, WestGate and Leith. Has anyone had good luck with any of these Service Departments? Perhaps even have a Service Manager you can recommend? I'd like to be able to go in and get straight answers to my questions with as little hassle or run around as possible. Thanks.
Call 4WP, ask them which they'd recommend.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I've always had a good experience with auto park but just like any place, they are going to be expensive. I haven't any experience with the others.

What are you getting looked at?

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank guys for the ideas. There is a ticking coming from the engine that has been there since I bought the Jeep (bought used). I hadn't really thought much about it, but recently it has started to annoy me and I thought I should get it checked out before my extended warranty expires. I notice it the most when I drive slowly by a wall or something else the sound will bounce off.

I've tried to figure out where it is coming from myself, but can't really tell. I don't believe it is the fuel injectors as some have mentioned. It might be an exhaust manifold leak or something else. I burn ZERO oil, so that is good.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Are you sure it's coming from the engine? Our 2010 had a kinda ticking too. I would notice it when I was close to a wall. I got out though and climbed underneath to hear it was coming from somewhere in the middle maybe near the drive shafts. I never figured it out.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like the same noise. Can hear it clearly when riding next to a wall, but get out and get under the hood or under the jeep and can't really tell where it is coming from. Sometimes sounds like it is coming from the rear of the engine which made my think possible exhaust manifold leak. Perhaps it is just normal? Next time I see you we'll have to compare engine sounds. :rofl:

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I have used Autopark and thought they were easy to work with on my passenger side leak. I believe autopark is owned by Leith.
I believe that's right too. They are several here owned by Leith.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Sounds like the same noise. Can hear it clearly when riding next to a wall, but get out and get under the hood or under the jeep and can't really tell where it is coming from. Sometimes sounds like it is coming from the rear of the engine which made my think possible exhaust manifold leak. Perhaps it is just normal? Next time I see you we'll have to compare engine sounds. :rofl:
I don't have the 2010 anymore, got a CG a few months ago. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
A little out of your way, but John Heister Jeep in Lillington has been great to me. A TJ, JK, and just bought another JK from them, which I wouldn't have done if they weren't on top of things. My TJ was lifted and they replaced the factory rear track bar because it was worn out, no questions asked. The parts manager is great to work with too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts