Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking to get a new vented hood on my JKU. Was torn between the AEV and Mopar one. Any others that look cool? Which would you go with?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I went with AEV and couldn't be happier. Great quality, they are less common than the Mopar Hard Rock/Power Dome, and have a cutout for the snorkel already if you ever want to add it. Haven't had any clearance issues either (put the ARB CKMTA12 under it with no problem).

Reactions: FJNOMO

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Was looking to get a new vented hood on my JKU. Was torn between the AEV and Mopar one. Any others that look cool? Which would you go with?
Can't go wrong with either one. Both were designed by AEV. Both are made in the same facility.
Budget and aesthetics will settle it :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
AEV heat reduction hood works great in lowering underhood temps here in Fla.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Another option is the Daystar Hood Cowl. Cost me $400 for the cowl and Line X finish. I thought about a whole new hood but that would have required spending the extra money on the hood, then more money painting it. Then I'd have my stock hood left over and that doesn't fit very well in my garbage can.

So I'm guessing this saved me around $800-$1000. I like it. Might be a good option for you too.

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
AEV for me.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
One more DIY option. My reasoning was just like KUCH569's: I didn't want to deal with getting a new hood painted and disposing of my old one. I too went Daystar, only I ultimately chose the dual hood vents. I was planning to spray them Anvil myself, and still may, but when I sat them up on the hood before spraying, with all the other black accents of the Willys, I thought they looked best black. Jury's still out though on whether I should paint them.

If you are doing this primarily for aesthetics, yeah, a new hood will look the meanest. But if you're doing it because you want to let heat out of your engine compartment to protect wiring and other components, these Daystar vents are a great option for 110 clams delivered (Amazon.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts