Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know if anyone can recommend LED tail lights off of amazon. I really want them to help
the reverse lights. The original jk's suck. Thanks forum馃憤

Registered

Registered
this would match perfectly my JW EVO J & JW fog lights, must resist... unless northridge PM's me an offer I can't refuse! :D
Wanna pick some up for me while you're at it? Thanks!

Registered
Wanna pick some up for me while you're at it? Thanks!
Now we just have to wait for an offer from northridge for two sets of JW LED tailights! :D

Registered
The JW's Rock...also look for an LED third lamp to make the look complete!
The factory third brake light is LED. At least mine (2016) is.

Registered
You are correct, but they sell replacements that match the blade style of the JW's better. Top is stock, bottom my replacement.
I did try one of these and have to admit it looks awesome in combo with the JW Speaker tails but I was less than impressed with the brightness or lack thereof so I'm returning it. You'd think JW Speaker would come up with a matching DOT approved third brake light option since their tails are so popular. ARE YOU LISTENING JW SPEAKER???

Registered
I did try one of these and have to admit it looks awesome in combo with the JW Speaker tails but I was less than impressed with the brightness or lack thereof so I'm returning it. You'd think JW Speaker would come up with a matching DOT approved third brake light option since their tails are so popular. ARE YOU LISTENING JW SPEAKER???
I'd buy one!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I still read that suggestions above are not any brighter for reverse. That is the reason I want the LED tails. Is there a way to modify any of the suggestions to get brighter reverse lights?

Registered
I bought some 1200 lumen LED replacement bulbs for my reverse lights. Super bright white bulbs. It was like 30 dollars and they work great.

Registered
the JWS tailights are awesome except for the back up lights. Stocks are way brighter. Do the JWS tail lights have a replaceable back up lights?

Registered
the JWS tailights are awesome except for the back up lights. Stocks are way brighter. Do the JWS tail lights have a replaceable back up lights?
Probably the best option is flush mount LEDs in the bumper or use Rigid Industries tail light mount to wire some up.

Registered
I really want them to help the reverse lights. The original jk's suck. Thanks forum��
I still read that suggestions above are not any brighter for reverse. That is the reason I want the LED tails. Is there a way to modify any of the suggestions to get brighter reverse lights?
I bought some 1200 lumen LED replacement bulbs for my reverse lights. Super bright white bulbs. It was like 30 dollars and they work great.
I, too, simply replaced the factory backup light incandescent bulbs with a nice, bright, high-power LED bulbs. No problem with heat or power (both less with LED), and no need for load resistors.

Big improvement for little money. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts