Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a set of rocker guards. Show us what you have got! And how much it set you back! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Lots of rubicon owners swap out their rockers for aftermarket. I got a free set and converted them to sliders with 1.75" DOM tubing.

Check CL and classifieds

·
Registered
923 Posts
already made/I like the poisonspyder rockers they have the sidestep/gaurd ones.

Just bedline em and bam!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,618 Posts
Best looking in terms of prettiness or best looking in terms of strength and ability to protect the tub from everything shy of a nuclear blast? Budget?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Im looking too. I like the guard/slider combo.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Jerry Bransford said:
Nice looking work, they'd look even nicer with a pair of strengthening supports in the middle of that step. :)
I would agree but its also more weight.the main plate is 3/16, tubing is 1 3/4 .120 wall.the top step plate is 1/8th.I can make them how ever though.
It would give an excuse to do some dimple die action...lol

·
Knows a couple things...
49,618 Posts
I only suggest it because a big rock would make short work of that long unsupported span. That tube would work great as is as a step, not so well as protection. The weight of two short pieces of 1.25" as center reinforcement would be insignificant. My way of thinking is if I have more to weld, the happier I am. :D

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I couldn't post the pics from my iPhone of my free Rubi slider conversion. I have used them quite a bit to kick the rear over off a rock and slide over some pretty nice obstacles on the Rubicon. I am more than happy with what I got for free, then modded...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I made my own out of 3/16 steel with 7 inches of under tub coverage. If I was looking to buy a set I would go with aluminum from Savvy, much lighter than steel.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just as strong too?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Moabrubi said:
Stronger. The design is way better. The Savvys are what I plan on upgrading to when I can trash my Mopar rock rails.
I wonder if beer cans were made out of steel if they would crush easier....

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Ill put the beer cans that protect my tank and the nose of my rig against whatever you run, anytime, and at 1/4 the weight to boot.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts