Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P/o installed a 3" body lift... -_- and I would like to replace it with 1.25. And add suspension

What is the best method to replace it with a shorter one. I've heard of just jacking up the body and going in a circle.

I have a In ground lift, anyway to use that?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
851 Posts
U could use the inground by lifting it a foot or so off the ground then block the body and slightly lower the chassis.

I would use the floor jack and just work your way around. Seems easier to me.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
P/o installed a 3" body lift... -_- and I would like to replace it with 1.25. And add suspension

What is the best method to replace it with a shorter one. I've heard of just jacking up the body and going in a circle.

I have a In ground lift, anyway to use that?
Normally it's done one side at a time. Just follow the directions on the 1.25" bl you're buying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah what he said ^^. Loosen up all the bolts on both sides but dont remove the bolts. then slightly lift 1 side and remove those bolts. Then slide out those pucks and slide in the new pucks and Install those bolts but dont tighten them . Lower the body onto the new pucks. then do the other side the same way. Then tighten all the bolts.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah what he said ^^. Loosen up all the bolts on both sides but dont remove the bolts. then slightly lift 1 side and remove those bolts. Then slide out those pucks and slide in the new pucks and Install those bolts but dont tighten them . Lower the body onto the new pucks. then do the other side the same way. Then tighten all the bolts.
Sounds like that would work good

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
People may not entirely agree with me, but i know a bunch of people have cut their larger body lifts down to the size they want and just buying shorter hardware. especially if you want to also have seat risers. Just a cheaper alternitive.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
People may not entirely agree with me, but i know a bunch of people have cut their larger body lifts down to the size they want and just buying shorter hardware. especially if you want to also have seat risers. Just a cheaper alternitive.
I thought about that, but the one item in my shop I don't have is bandsaw. Id be Easier just to buy a set

1 - 8 of 8 Posts