Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im getting ready to do my first (on my own) oil change on my Jeep.
Its a 2005 X with 148k and 6spd manual

What would be my best choice for oil and filter ?

Any recommendations would be helpful

Thanks

·
Knows a couple things...
49,020 Posts
Valvoline, Mobil, Shell, Castrol, Havoline, etc. are all excellent engine lubricants & I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them. Filter wise, any of these non-exotic oil filters are fine... Wix, AC-Delco Duraguard, Purolator PureOne, Fram Toughguard, Mopar, etc. are all fine as well.

The secret to keeping an engine in good condition is less about the specific brand of oil & oil filter and more about changing both at the proper intervals. :)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The secret to keeping an engine in good condition is less about the specific brand of oil & oil filter and more about changing both at the proper intervals. :)
Thanks for the info :thumb:

What in your opinion is the correct interval ? Im at around 4500 miles since my last change.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,020 Posts
I dunno what the correct interval is for all conditions but for easy conditions, my change interval is by 5K miles. When I'm doing much offroading in dusty conditions, it is more like 3k miles or so.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dunno what the correct interval is for all conditions but for easy conditions, my change interval is by 5K miles. When I'm doing much offroading in dusty conditions, it is more like 3k miles or so.
Thanks again Jerry. Mostly easy conditions so far, recently moved to NE Wyoming, havent found any good spots to wheel yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts