Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to remove the chrome Jeep emblem on the front of my tank jk and replace it with a Mopar Jeep emblem in flat black. I've checked and there are some different part numbers ranging in price from $15-$45.

68185492AA this part number is for a 3d raised Jeep emblem. Is anyone familiar with any of these Jeep emblems? Are there any better options less than $40?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
For less than $40, get a can of black plasti-dip and do it yourself. There's been a few threads on here showing how it's done.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks nice... what material is the Jeep logo? Also, it says for XJ/ZJ why not JK... Is there a size difference between this emblem and the JK emblem?

Daw,

When you say the Cherokee Trailhawk logos are better than any of the Wranglers I'm just referring to the Jeep badge in the front. Are you saying the Cherokee trailhawk black "Jeep" badge in the front is nicer than the Wrangler Jeep badge?

·
Super Moderator
9,104 Posts
Just be careful if you come across these ones for $10 on eBay. They are Chinese counterfeits. The "e" are completely closed like a an "o", the "J" and "p" are too short, and the letters don't even line up properly.

I purchased two OE badges from a Jeep dealer in Florida and sent me counterfeits instead. I raised hell and got my money back. Ended up buying the real ones from Quadratec instead.

China counterfeits

The real deal

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just be careful if you come across these ones for $10 on eBay. They are Chinese counterfeits. The "e" are completely closed like a an "o", the "J" and "p" are too short, and the letters don't even line up properly.

I purchased two OE badges from a Jeep dealer in Florida and sent me counterfeits instead. I raised hell and got my money back. Ended up buying the real ones from Quadratec instead.

China counterfeits

The real deal
Thanks for the heads up. What did you do to remove the chrome Jeep badge... Did you use fishing string and a heat gun? Also.. When applying the new, black Jeep Badge is it letter by letter or is all connected together to apply at once?

·
Super Moderator
9,104 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. What did you do to remove the chrome Jeep badge... Did you use fishing string and a heat gun? Also.. When applying the new, black Jeep Badge is it letter by letter or is all connected together to apply at once?
I used fishing line to remove the letters and Goo B Gone to remove the glue.

Then with masking tape I marked where the badge needed to go and aligned it properly before sticking it.

The Mopar badge comes with a peel-off film that holds the letters together; the Chinese don't.

This is the final product: one in front, one on each fender, and one on the tailgate.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used fishing line to remove the letters and Goo B Gone to remove the glue.

Then with masking tape I marked where the badge needed to go and aligned it properly before sticking it.

The Mopar badge comes with a peel-off film that holds the letters together; the Chinese don't.

This is the final product: one in front, one on each fender, and one on the tailgate.
That looks nice aldo! I just went and bought a factory matte black Wrangler emblem to not have to deal with the Chinese knockoff stuff.

On another note, those Savegre wheels look awesome on your JKU! What tires do you have on them? Interestingly enough I bought the Savegre earlier this morning for my tank jk. I already have black gorilla Lug nuts so I'm looking forward to getting them on my tank JK!

·
Super Moderator
9,104 Posts
That looks nice aldo! I just went and bought a factory matte black Wrangler emblem to not have to deal with the Chinese knockoff stuff.

On another note, those Savegre wheels look awesome on your JKU! What tires do you have on them? Interestingly enough I bought the Savegre earlier this morning for my tank jk. I already have black gorilla Lug nuts so I'm looking forward to getting them on my tank JK!
Thank you!

Yes, I get lots of compliments on the Savegres; they have 285/70-17 Goodyear Duratracs.

·
Super Moderator
9,104 Posts
They look sweet! . Did you do any lift of any sort with your Jeep? . Doesn't look like it I'm just curious.
Yes, these photos show it with the 2" Rubicon Express economy lift I got installed two weeks ago. I did mostly for looks; I was getting no rubbing w/o the lift.

This Sahara is my all-weather family tourer; it doesn't see serious off-roading like my Rubicon ;)

The Duratracs combined with the TrueTrac LSD make it an amazing severe weather vehicle. In fact, I am planning a trip with my parents to Glacier National Park in Montana in late December. Can't wait! :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, these photos show it with the 2" Rubicon Express economy lift I got installed two weeks ago.

This Sahara is my all-weather family tourer; it doesn't see serious off-roading like my Rubicon ;)

The Duratracs combined with the TrueTrac LSD make it an amazing severe weather vehicle.
Those Duratrac you have are all terrain not mud terrain right?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe they are ATs but with an aggressive tread design.

All I know is they are comfortable and quiet on the road, and have incredible grip in snow.
They do look awesome with the Savegre's. I can't wait to get those savegre on my tank JK!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Look into the Trailhawk Jeep logo's. They are way better looking that any jeep logos.
I bought 1, they have a curve that won't fit the contours of the grill. I returned it and got my $$ back.

China counterfeits

The real deal

Good to know, guess I'll be sending Rick another PM :bop:. Whats the part#? Can't find the black Jeep emblem at quadratec. Been wanting to do this for 3 weeks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts