Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out to the trails this weekend and need some cool ideas of places to mount my GoPro

What y'all got?

image-1659570846.jpg

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Rugged ridge dash insert has a hold for 1

·
Registered
616 Posts
I use the gopro suction cup right next to the rear view mirror.
I get too muddy to mount outside the Jeep...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Speaking of mounting a GoPro. I've seen some bars that go across the dashboard that allow you to mount various phones, gopros, etc.. to it. Anyone know what those are called by chance?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speaking of mounting a GoPro. I've seen some bars that go across the dashboard that allow you to mount various phones, gopros, etc.. to it. Anyone know what those are called by chance?
I know some sport cages have bars that go across the dash, maybe this is what you saw.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have the suction cup and the big clamp. I'll use the suction cup on the windshield and I've clamped mine to the stinger, fenders, and slider. From the slider you can get some good shots of the wheel travel, just make sure you tie it off somewhere in case it gets knocked off. :)

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I have the Rugged Ridge mount and personally while it's great as a phone mount it is terrible as a GoPro mount. I went out and got the suction mount from Amazon, here's where I mounted it and got really good video.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I keep mine on the suction cup base and move it as needed. I put it on the door to shoot the front tires, put it on the windshield, where ever. I also use the flat base it came with and set the GoPro on the ground and drive over it.

I have the RR mount on my dash but I keep my point and shoot that shoots 1080p there for the "over the hood" shots.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have several mounting points for my go pro. I have a mount on my winch, rear bumper, dash, and I also have roll bar clamps. I just mount it wherever the mood strikes. However, some of my best videos is when I have the go pro mounted on a pole. You can get some awesome birds eye views and under the Jeep. For those who are into selfies, the pole mount will let you show off your shit eating grin as you tackle the trails.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I have one just right to the right of the gauges on top of the dash. Just the standard sticky mount clip.

·
Registered
771 Posts
We're going to Pike's Peak and up into the Rockies in a few weeks so I bought a suction cup mount with a safety so I can mount the GoPro on the passenger side door right below the mirror and secure the safety to the mirror in case the mount loses suction.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I used a suction cup inside but what I also bought a naked frame and a long usb cable so I could constantly power the go pro while using the remote to control everything all day. Haven't used it in a while but it was a lot easier than reaching up and pressing it before a climb, etc

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I really like the adhesive quick disconnect mounts. I've got them on top of front and rear bumper, on bottom of front bumper to get suspension shots, on the windshield under the rear view mirror, and on the light cover on the sport bar between the seats. Makes it easy to move for additional camera angles. I also use the suction cup mounts now and then behind the front wheels, and on the side rear glass panels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl7LJoS032Y

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,878 Posts
Clamps. If you want to shoot cool GP, clamps is where it is.

Front sway bar facing backward
Rear SB facing forward
Passenger window forward
Front fender facing forward
Driver or Passenger rain gutter facing Forward and Back.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts