Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my 2002 TJ Sahara a little over a month ago. It has not had the power that my 1999 Sport had. I was very disappointed with it. I changed the plugs today. On my test drive the change in performance was huge. It started up quicker and the power was dramatically different. I checked gap on the old ones and they ranged from .063" and .072"! Needless to say the electrodes were worn way down. My new plugs were Autolites APP985 but I think that any new plug with the proper .035" gap would have made a world of difference. One more thing down but in the process noticed the rear of the valve cover was beginning to leak. I guess it never ends.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Like the old saying goes "Just Empty Every Pocket". Seems like every time I think I need this or need to fix that something else always comes up. Still got that broken exhaust hangers and bad muffler on there...LOL

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
yeah, changing the spark plugs right away after buying a used vehicle is almost always a great idea, just to be sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts