Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new Jeep Wrangler owner. What is the best product to clean all the plastic on the outside? Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used 303 on my RV before. Works great on fiberglass. I have never used on plastic... Do you use on the top also?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just used 303 on my top this weekend. It looked great and apparently rained about 3 hours after I finished so there's a little run from the product but not a huge deal. It took it from graying to black after I cleaned it and coated. This is a soft top as well I should mention.

But for the factory flares and bumpers it worked wonders too so I've got that going for me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you are looking to keep the black plastic parts black I highly recommend Mcguires "ultimate black". A little tedious to use but it makes bumpers look brand new!
+1 on the McGuires. Lasts a long time. Take the time to tape off the paint areas before use but works really well. :cool:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts

·
Registered
8,924 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just to confirm, this is the 303 product that you guys use?

303 (30306) Protectant Trigger Sprayer, 32 fl. Oz

Just want to make sure I get the right one.

And can anyone provide the link for plexus?
I did a google search for it and found a weight-loss product.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
303:
http://www.amazon.com/303-30306-Protectant-Trigger-Sprayer/dp/B000XBCURW

Plexus:
http://www.amazon.com/Plexus-Plastic-Cleaner-Protectant-13-Ounce/dp/B00092CKN4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461116694&sr=8-1&keywords=plexus+windshield+cleaner

Just to confirm, this is the 303 product that you guys use?

303 (30306) Protectant Trigger Sprayer, 32 fl. Oz

Just want to make sure I get the right one.

And can anyone provide the link for plexus?
I did a google search for it and found a weight-loss product.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
That Plexus link sounds pricey.

When it first came out, the only places I could buy it was at aircraft supply stores and military bases. It found its way to motorcycle and race supply stores eventually and the price dropped considerably. The last time I bought that size can it was in Daytona at Bike Week and they were $5 a can ---- normal price was $15 I think.
Look around some more.
Plexus is the most effective plsatic polish available for cleaning, protecting,and polishing all kinds of plastic. plexus, plexus plastic

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I really don't care too much for taking care of the outside black plastic, I figure its a replaceable item if need be, no need for paint even. But I do use the blue bottle of Lexol Brand Vinylex Protectant when needed.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got the 303 and used it on my new JKU today. Wow! Worked great. Thanks guys.

Also, bought the 303 fabric protector. We will see how it works. Let you know.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts