Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. In SoCal. I read some good reviews about Martin that comes to you and does regears. I want to regear from 3.21 to 4.56.

I called him and he gave me a quote of $1000 for parts and labor. Seems really cheap compared to shops like 4 Wheel Parts. Am I missing anything here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Funny, since I believe he does a lot of work for 4wp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
Off-Road Evolution had a $1k gear deal not too long ago, Rebel has a regear deal for around $1300 I think

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny, since I believe he does a lot of work for 4wp.

Off-Road Evolution had a $1k gear deal not too long ago, Rebel has a regear deal for around $1300 I think

Awesome, thanks! So you think the price of around $1200 is about right for a regear?

·
Registered
377 Posts
As long as nothing else needs to be replaced

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
RWKHaussupply in Yorba Linda. $900 otd. I'm getting mine installed next Sunday.
I second this. I had my gears installed by him as well as an Aussie locker and Detroit Truetrac and everything went together well :thumb:

·
Registered
2,341 Posts

I used Martin (Mobile Gear) when I did my gears, based on recommendations around here, $1k otd , and they came to my house and did the work in my garage, in a couple of hours. They actually do the gear installs for Rebel and other shops.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RWKHaussupply in Yorba Linda. $900 otd. I'm getting mine installed next Sunday.
I second this. I had my gears installed by him as well as an Aussie locker and Detroit Truetrac and everything went together well :thumb:
I used Martin (Mobile Gear) when I did my gears, based on recommendations around here, $1k otd , and they came to my house and did the work in my garage, in a couple of hours. They actually do the gear installs for Rebel and other shops.
There's Revolution Gears, USA Standard Gears, and G2 gears. Does it matter? I want something reliable and would last me a long time.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
There's Revolution Gears, USA Standard Gears, and G2 gears. Does it matter? I want something reliable and would last me a long time.
Some say it does and some say it doesn't. For the Jeeps anything should work, it's just some may be slightly noisier than others. I got the USA Standard gears and they are serving me well and don't make any noise that I notice. I recommend him and his work.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some say it does and some say it doesn't. For the Jeeps anything should work, it's just some may be slightly noisier than others. I got the USA Standard gears and they are serving me well and don't make any noise that I notice. I recommend him and his work.
Perfect, thank you so much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts