Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good Repair Manual to buy online for a 95 Wrangler SE 6cyl. Found some for like $80 but that seems a little steep for a manual. Was wondering which manual you all like for front to back repair information, good pictures, and good info for a non-mechanic trying to do his own work and learn a few things on the way!

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
Factory Service Manual. Its the only way to go. Haynes and Chilton are more of a reference/quick look up book. and they both cover way to many models and years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this the light blue colored one? having trouble finding one for a 95. I believe this is the one I saw that runs around $80-$100. BUT, if it is worth it I may wait a while and get one as I have only had my Wrangler about 5 months.. I may be due for an upgraded Wrangler before I need a manual for this one with as much as I enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Here is a link to get the manuals you need for sale for <$8 that is right check the link and help your self.

Jeep Wranger Service Manuals

·
Registered
223 Posts
Factory Service Manual. Its the only way to go. Haynes and Chilton are more of a reference/quick look up book. and they both cover way to many models and years.
Yep, I have all three and the OEM Service manual is the best. I bought the Chiltons, and later the Haynes, only to find out they're one and the same, including all pics and directions. Since they cover several year models the directions are vague or generalized.

Just recently bought the OEM manual off of ebay ,used, and there is a world of difference in the diagrams, pics and directions. I wish I had bought it first and not wasted money on the others. :banghead:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've got the Haynes manual. Just downloaded the $8 to compare a couple of small jobs that I've done. I say have both, the book to get the idea and the pdf file if you get confused.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts

X2:punk:

·
Registered
177 Posts
i dont see 92 ether and i thought in 96 no jeeps where made they were left over 95s from what i thought they made extra in 95 so they could sell them into 96 so toward the end of 96 the tj came out

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Seconded. I have the black and white cover Chrysler service manual for my YJ. Most complete source.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i was wondering the same thing about the 92? same as the 93?? probably get it anyways how different could they be since its the same model anyways.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Here is a link to get the manuals you need for sale for <$8 that is right check the link and help your self.

Jeep Wranger Service Manuals
They have a couple of options, make sure you choose the year specific FACTORY service manual. It sounds like its an actual copy of the AMC/Chrysler one. When you get into multi years, sometimes specific info may be left out. The $8 price is exceptional for the amount of info you will get. I personally shopped around til I found a mint set of Factory Service Manuals on eBay for about $65. Believe me it aint so mint any more as my greasy paw prints are now though out. This is where a digital copy may be more useful because you can print out what you need.

Haynes and Chiltons are both produced by the same company so they wont be much different. As mentioned, they are more general in descriptions and procedures.

·
Registered
87 Posts
best repair manual i have found is wranglerforum! search and you shall find...these guys have more knowledge than shops and are always replying with it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just downloaded the FSM for my 95, thanks for the link! At first glance, it looks very detailed and high-quality. It's not just a scan of the FSM, the text has actually been brought in so it's searchable. The only thing I can say I don't like is that Preview on my mac wouldn't open it, I had to download Adobe Acrobat reader for the first time :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts