Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I need some seat covers for my 2001 Sport as they are pretty stained from the previous owner (just looks nasty). So which was have the most snug fit and look the best?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I hear a lot of complaints about neoprene seat covers. I just installed a set and like them so far. The biggest complaints are about how they don't breathe, hot in the summer, and hold water like a sponge. We'll see. I do like the look of the Rugged Ridge seat covers...pretty bad ass!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been very happy with my Iggee seat covers. They are expensive (~$200 for the fronts, IIRC) but fit very well, are well made and look like custom seats.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
The very last type of seat cover I would consider would be any that are made from neoprene like Wet Okole's are. Neoprene is not waterproof and it even soaks up perspiration. And if the seats get rained on or something spills without you wiping the neoprene off quickly, it will soak into the neoprene and take days to dry out. and the colored nylon covers that they offer fade quickly and unevenly when exposed to the sun. Black becomes purple, red becomes pink, etc.

Personally, I've had two sets of Bestop's seat covers (two different TJs) and like them a lot.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Bestop seat covers fit great and they are wicked rugged. Love 'em. I have had the neoprene ones and they are terrible, and not as easy to clean as the Bestop ones.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
I have the Bestop covers as well...they have held up great for the past 2 years. The only gripe I've had with them...girls in short skirts find them quite cold during the winter and if you don't have a sun shade (ie Spiderweb Shade) when parked topless on a sunny summer day, they will let you know really quickly that they get warm in the sun as your bare legs hit them. They'll make you sweat a bit more on hot days too since they don't allow your skin to breathe nearly as well...but that's good in a way cuz that means rain also won't soak through them if you get rained on while topless.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Think beads!

They may look corny but man, those cabbie style bead covers are really good - I wish someone made them in some decent colors. Im thinking of coloring or staining mine black.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here in the Caribbean, neoprene seat covers are in the majority

I've got Okole's. Not as hot as the vinyl OEMs I have on Chevy express van. Not as carefree as the cloth seats on both of my wannabes. Very comfortable & a good tight fit. They are pricey but at this time I'm a fan. Maybe in 6 months I'll decide these aren't for me.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I like my bestop covers because I can scrub them down with soap in the jeep and spray them too. Come out clean and smells nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seat covers

:iamhappy:I have or shall I say just brought a 2008 jeep wrangler and have been trying to find out which BESTOP Seat cover to buy for this year model. I've even written to Bestop inc but have not heard anything back. Does anyone know WHICH COVER to order. I've heard good things about Bestop and was hoping for this brand Vs a Neoprene cover

1 - 20 of 51 Posts